Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The sources

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dear all,

After one year developping our tiny private ROSE server, we would like to ask if anyone has sources to share with us.
We are having a lot of pleasure playing with Arcturus files with the ruff client version. We cleaned (and are still cleaning) the 3DData folder, added new items, crafts, maps, quests and are even into the fun process of making our first dungeon. This was of course thanks to all the tutorials found in the internet, so thanks to all of you who made them, they were super useful!

On the other hand, we start to be really limited by more technical stuff (adding summons as target for the party buffs, changing crafting formulae very deeply, toggle constant rendering, adding new currency, new skills with effect that don't exist at the moment, etc) and, even if assembly got to be useful in some cases, we start to really feel the need to play with the sources.

We are developping an iROSE server. So, here is our official request: is there anyone willing to share the client and server sources for an iROSE server?
However, many wrote that the iROSE sources were nearly impossible to get, while the evo ones were easy to find. Since it is better to have something to play with than nothing, even the evo sources are more than welcome. Then we'll start the long but not impossible project to convert them to iROSE. Honestly we don't know all the differences between evo and iRose, especially on a technical point of view, so be prepared for questions in this case ^^

Thanks a lot for reading, I hope some of you may be able to help us :)

NB: We are well aware of the osirose project. What disturb me in this project is that - if I understood well - it (will) only contains the server side and not the client side sources. Right? While we would need both for our projects and dreams.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It actually is possible to create new effects using some tools available on osrose, however it is restricted to 2D effects as far as I know at least.

Here is the link for the tool that I am talking about
and some examples of the effects created with that can be found on the project that I am working on (cough i dont have time for it now cough)
other effects can be seen on these gifs if you are too lazy to look at those

Sadly I cant find tools to create motions thus I had to halt the project (cough* cough* as well as not having time)
anyway Skills are mostly STB/STL based unless you want to code something new for the skills (such as a skill that pulls enemies/etc)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Totatako,

Sorry I didn't use the correct term. By new effects, I meant new mechanics, like you were saying for pulling ennemies for example.
But your links are still useful and those effects indeed look really nice :)

Last of the OsRose Devs
Reaction score
The project 137 section of the osrose forums contains all the evo sources (including server) plus a hybridized version of a dev rev 2 server that will work with the client files.

Most of the work done on the client to this point would need to be either removed or added to the server if you wanted to use the arc type server files with it. Currently they won't work together because a lot of packet structures have been modified in the client and the osrose server.

Still it's a place to start

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
PY you might not know this but i love the fact that you posted a source, there had been several teams that broke up because of not having client source/ways to add stuff to the client(dll thing) I would like to thank you in place of those people who doesnt have the time to register to any of these forums and the lazy people like me who doesnt usually post stuff on these rose sites. Once again, A Sincere Thanks from all of us.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Reaction score
You know that source was already out there right?
i just collated it into a working package and worked on fixing a few bugs and modifying it to work more efficiently. :)

Just glad to be able to help out

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi PurpleYouko,

We had a look at the project 137 and it is really a good start indeed. Some comments you put are pretty useful (just an example is the one for the computation of critical chance), thanks a lot for this work and for sharing them. I found it some times ago on github but didn't know it was documented in the osrose forums.

I just have one question, since while looking on the internet I found a lot of "kind of sources".
Is there an easy way to see if the sources are for evo or for iRose ? I see for example some iRose boolean in the Project 137 code, is there just a boolean to change and that's it ? ^^ (I guess not or you would have said it :) )
I tried to compare the computation for the mspeed etc but found only very small discrepancies... and most of the time, there is a boolean (like IsApplyNewVersion() ) that propose two versions, where one sounds evo to me and the other one sounds more iRose (here, I took the example for the mspeed)

An other thing are the STBs. If I look at IO_STB.h, I see that in the project 137 (evo) it looks for STB files that I 'm not aware of (for example LIST_BREAK.STB). Is it a sign of evo ?

Basically, I'd like to know two things:
- first, how can I quickly and at 100% check if a source is evo like or irose like ?
- then, is one of you aware of a thread or something that explain the difference between those two rose version? If this would exist, starting from the evo sources to go to irose and then share them on github would sound really doable for us :) [Edit: I'm aware of a lot of differences as a player, but as a programmer... Not really, especially when you start to look at the weird formulae they use in Calculation.cpp ^^ Sounds hard to guess to me :p (but was super interesting!)]

And of course, let me thank you, from all of our small team for your help! Really.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that project 137 is Pre Evo therefore it has some parts iRose and other parts evoRose

Last of the OsRose Devs
Reaction score
137 is actually full evo but it still contains a tag somewhere to compile as pre-evo (i think. i know someone who did it but I'm not sure how precisely)
having said that though, there really isn't a lot of difference between evo and irose as far as the source goes.
Evo just has a few things added, for example LIST_BREAK.STB (as mentioned above). In evo this lists out the items that can be retrieved from disassembly whereas in irose they just use LIST_PRODUCT.STB so that you get out the same kind of items that you put in.

The general STB format is different too. Evo versions have a lot more columns of data in all the equipment files. It's really easy to modify the code to fit any STB format though. There's a whole section of code that lists out the fields so you can add or comment them at your convenience to match any STB format.

The only real differences (code wise) between evo and irose are
1 DEX directly affects move speed in irose but not evo
2 Skill points are given and spent differently in each.

The rest is just cosmetic and can be changed in the resource files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks PurpleYouko, it's all we wanted to know :)
I was expecting some core improvements between iRose and Evo but apparently not (like packet structure etc).

Then we have a extremely good place to start in fact! Reverting just those things is totally doable. A new hope is born ^^

[Edit: Oh, a last point after looking at your commits: is the code compiling and working... or not in fact? Does the craft work?
Just to know if I face compilation issues if it's normal and have to play with the code or if it is just my configuration. And if it is not working, I wonder why? Those sources should have worked at some point, shouldn't they?

Thanks again!]

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Reaction score
[Edit: Oh, a last point after looking at your commits: is the code compiling and working... or not in fact? Does the craft work?
Just to know if I face compilation issues if it's normal and have to play with the code or if it is just my configuration. And if it is not working, I wonder why? Those sources should have worked at some point, shouldn't they?

That is a very good question (questions)
Yes the code is working. I have compiled the entire project including all the 3rd party stuff and got every part working properly.
Everything is included in the donor 137 client that I link in my project 137 page at osrose.
I have made a lot of changes in the client.sln (trose.exe) and each time compiled and run it to test the changes.

Crafting didn't work at first but it does now after all my modifications. I had to rewrite a large amount of the code in that area on both the client and in my own server (not the ARC server).

I have also made a number of significant changes to client side class structures which will make it incompatible with the server that comes in the source. The entire CItem structure for example. It was set up using bitfields which made it extremely awkward to work with the data. I changed the entire structure of it on both client and server (again NOT the arc server) in order to add some entirely new types of stats to equipable items.

The weird thing is that hardly anybody else is able to compile my files and even I can't get the stupid things to work in full release. Works fine in debug though.

I have also tested it with multiple clients connecting to my server and we were unable to find any significant instabilities over a couple of days worth of play testing.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot PY !
We'll keep in touch if we find anything or if we have any questions ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm.. some people already have the source of client and server arcturus but it have a bugs.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Then why not sharing them and fix those bugs together?
Comparing to "coding" in assembly it sounds 100 times easier to me ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
do you own a rose private server ?
or what server you are currently work?

Last of the OsRose Devs
Reaction score
There is a full server source in the released files. I just chose not to use it.

Back