Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

It looks quiet, but..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here's a shot!

Hi, my name is Hibari. The name has a story.. but it is my real one. People are usually somehow interested, so here's a glimpse I guess: I'm ABJ (American-born Japanese) and my parents named me after a famous Japanese artist of the 20th century. The name means "Skylark," as in the bird. So.. let's move on to talk about more interesting things.

Like.. why I'm here! I joined because I left my heart in this kind of thing about 6 or so years ago. I played private servers for Ragnarok primarily, but even those servers escape my memory now. That sounds so lame considering I am turning 26 this year in a few days, lol. Anyway, long story short.. I love private server communities. I participated for several years in them, here and there... I tried my hand at administrating them as well. Which brings me to the reason I joined..

I'm sort of busy in real life, as everyone gets to this age where college ends and work begins.. but actually I have stabilized to a kind of ..sort of predictable free-time which I like to spend doing things I enjoy. One of those things would be server or database administration. It's my hobby! I have always enjoyed tools like MySQL and working in eAthena back with Ragnarok Online. I'm pretty handy with the back-end server stuff, mostly software and some coding (I use coding lightly to refer mostly to scripting.. like SQL, or PHP and C at best.. and mostly debugging).

So I am looking for a project to kind of chip in on... something to give some free time to. That's why I'm hanging out here. I hope the community isn't so dead, but this introduction area seems to get very little use these days. I guess, if anyone is around, feel free to reply or PM me..and we'll chat!

Hibari

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome to Ragezone, where leechers, drama queens, haters, newbie - great developers lurks.

Hello there Hibari. Since most people who finally made an account on ragezone starts as a lurkers, you could most probably be one of them. So I have no idea what kind of introduction to ragezone to offer to you. All I could say is probably, welcome aboard.

The community here is not so dead, mostly they're all have been iddle waiting for some new releases or development. So anyway, find a section you'd like, join in the community and projects. And make some development. Ragezone could use more people who are a good developer with good attitude. Again, welcome.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks to the both of you for the welcome.

Akira, primarily RageZone has served as a resource for me over the years, but I would not regularly lurk until recently. So you're right to an extent. I decided to make an account because I felt the urge to find something, but I am aware that most things I used to be involved in are either dead or dying. Hopefully there's something to take away from it, but oh well, I'm here for now.

Hibari

Back