Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client status

Reaction score
As iostream pointed out in his translation topic, there are clients that work and those that don't.

Here's a list.

Thai Clients (any version, including Playtrickster):
The client will crash on character select; getting ingame will cause your character to get its name cut off by 2 characters. NPCs and other characters will suffer this too, and your position will be very weird. NPCs and other players will also be in different positions than their actual positions due to packet differences.. or something.

US Clients (eTO):
- Revolution (any): Crash after server selection.
- 12/2010: Drops will not show and you will get an exceptional error on map change without a debugger attached
- 1/2013 (latest): You won't get past the server select screen.

Taiwan Clients:
Two versions for this, too.
- 6/2011 (@PyroSamurai's post has it): Requires chver on LoginServer to change the version to 1, 23 (or was it 22?). Works fine.
- ~11/2011 (the client the server came with): Works "out of the box".

Korean and Japan Clients:
None will work without significant changes, most notably web login bypassing.
The latest clients have different packets at the character select screen.

If anyone has a English client from 9/2011~4/2012, please speak up!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have two clients:

eTO client (FullPackTrickster.exe) 2/14/2008
jTO client (Trickster_os.exe) 10/19/2009

I couldn't find a client from 2011~2012 so bad. I'm still searching for it on my discs. Let me know if you want these so I can upload them

Reaction score
I have two clients:

eTO client (FullPackTrickster.exe) 2/14/2008
jTO client (Trickster_os.exe) 10/19/2009

I couldn't find a client from 2011~2012 so bad. I'm still searching for it on my discs. Let me know if you want these so I can upload them

Yes, please!

We have trickster_setup_thai_20110222 not ENG

y u no read OP?!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, please!

That yes means you want me to upload them? Or it means a yes for searching 2011~2012 client.

BTW, I found another client, eTO date 3/11/2009.

Which ones do you need?

Gotta upload them after your reply

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
iceblade may be wanting a specific client but I'll take any client that is official just for archival purposes. Please do share any clients you may have.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
iceblade may be wanting a specific client but I'll take any client that is official just for archival purposes. Please do share any clients you may have.

Uploading~

Btw, any news about the server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GG people.. cant u read. c.c to bad my 2013 client wont work * cries*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uploads complete:

etoREV(21-4-2008)

etoREV(3-11-2009)

jto(10-19-2009)

I Hope they are useful

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What kind of news are you referring to?

I'd want to know something, sorry for not asking before.

Seems like the server have the old chaos tower, do you guys have it too or have the revamped tower?

Another question, does anyone knows where is the card hunter eugene in the client that was released with the server files?

And for last, what are you guys doing with the server files, I mean like translating, studying, nothing, searching for a better method for translation, etc.. I would like to help too, just in case.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@silver4725 Good questions. I'm glad they weren't the run of the mill that we usually get.

So onto your questions. The first two questions I am unable to answer because right now I'm kind of busy with school and haven't had much time to play with the server files or play on my server. I'm sure iceblade112 can answer those questions though, since he has spent quite a bit of time playing on and with the server files.

As for what we are doing with the server files, I'm pretty sure iostream and iceblade112 have been working on translation for the most part, in various facets of the field.

Personally, I've been doing some RevEng of the encryption/decryption executable. I've also been writing an unpacker for the nori files as preliminary to writing the packer. I guess we are all kinda doing our own thing at the moment.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@silver4725 Good questions. I'm glad they weren't the run of the mill that we usually get.

So onto your questions. The first two questions I am unable to answer because right now I'm kind of busy with school and haven't had much time to play with the server files or play on my server. I'm sure @iceblade112 can answer those questions though, since he has spent quite a bit of time playing on and with the server files.

As for what we are doing with the server files, I'm pretty sure @iostream and @iceblade112 have been working on translation for the most part, in various facets of the field.

Personally, I've been doing some RevEng of the encryption/decryption executable. I've also been writing an unpacker for the nori files as preliminary to writing the packer. I guess we are all kinda doing our own thing at the moment.

Thank you for you answer. That's good to know. I have contact with @iceblade112. I tried to search on my old discs for an specific client but no luck. In case you need help for something, let me know if I can help with it. I'm noob at programming and debugging, but I can do things like translating (mTO method) and I dont know what else I can do.

for example, One thing I have done to files is that I changed the compound values of eyedrop and peanut (AC and LK level 0 compound) for 8000 to 9000 ---> lol
this was for test if it works and it works!

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@silver4725 Maybe, but realize something, I don't like to hear about rTO on ragezone.
1. They are using different files than we are.
2. They are totally okay with screwing up the user experience to mod up their files (aka the translation hook)
3. They aren't even half as skilled as the developers we have available here.
They just had better connections to people who they could buy files from without getting ripped off,
and then monopolized them.

I don't like rTO or how they do things. They aren't people to be admired.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no my dear, it was updated and it was the place for bossing , and money and TM..... evreyone loved it.

Back