Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Newbie bnelsey is offline
    MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    2Posts

    Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	translating trickster.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	160096
    [removed]

    [edit]
    I give up, checked my schedule and I don't have enough free time for this project
    now downloading some silly private server Trickster
    someone should gather these scattered guides just in case some other programmer comes along
    I see all these partially translated clients from months ago but nobody uploaded their libconfig files
    Last edited by bnelsey; 14-03-17 at 07:58 PM.


  2. #2
    i liek pie iceblade112 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,169Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by bnelsey View Post
    but nobody uploaded their libconfig files
    And that would be the reason none of LifeTO's tools are released. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

  3. #3
    Libre Software Developer PyroSamurai is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    426Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade112 View Post
    And that would be the reason none of LifeTO's tools are released. :/
    That's a load of crap. LifeTO's tools aren't released because you and Sky are scared of losing any advantage your server has over the other servers based on these chinese server releases. Please don't come here to lie. It is hard work. We are all aware of this. That is why people selfishly keep their work to themselves. The reason this section is where it is now is because people put those feelings aside and decided to share their work. So please do not talk like that in this section.
    Happy Hacking!
    Programming: the power of creation at your fingertips

    If you like my releases or think I post like a pro -> give me rep.
    If you want to thank me -> use the like button.
    Trickster Online Section Moderator


  4. #4
    i liek pie iceblade112 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,169Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroSamurai View Post
    That's a load of crap. LifeTO's tools aren't released because you and Sky are scared of losing any advantage your server has over the other servers based on these chinese server releases. Please don't come here to lie. It is hard work. We are all aware of this. That is why people selfishly keep their work to themselves. The reason this section is where it is now is because people put those feelings aside and decided to share their work. So please do not talk like that in this section.
    I don't see how a load screen is considered an advantage. I'm fine with releasing them, and the files were released after someone leaked them from a server.

    Of course it did exclude some things, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

  5. #5
    ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ altasking is online now
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    日本Location
    408Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade112 View Post
    I don't see how a load screen is considered an advantage. I'm fine with releasing them, and the files were released after someone leaked them from a server.

    Of course it did exclude some things, though...
    Okay, Looking forward to seeing you Release all the files you have that we are still missing :P

  6. #6
    i liek pie iceblade112 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,169Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by altasking View Post
    Okay, Looking forward to seeing you Release all the files you have that we are still missing :P
    Someone has to take the initiative though.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

  7. #7
    ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ altasking is online now
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    日本Location
    408Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade112 View Post
    Someone has to take the initiative though.
    And that "Someone" can be you, take the initiative and release everything we are missing and I will do my best to go over all of it.

    What do you have though?

    I just want everything that is missing so that the game will work as it would have on the official server, working client in windows 10, English translated, gacha mini game, myshop, gm working, all quests, and play till max level.

    Personally I am just playing by myself or maybe with a friend or 2. lol

  8. #8
    Newbie Firelad97 is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    1Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    I agree with altasking.

    There are people out there who wanted resources to run the server, like me. I may now am running my own server, but I lack resources needed to maintain one. I am figuring out on how to do those stuff, blah blah. But you, iceblade112, got everything we need and you won't release them. You released the tutorial, TrickEmu, etc which are very helpful... yet why are you so afraid to release those tools? It is not something I wanted/expected to see from a very young developer.

  9. #9
    i liek pie iceblade112 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,169Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by altasking View Post
    And that "Someone" can be you, take the initiative and release everything we are missing and I will do my best to go over all of it.

    What do you have though?

    /snip
    Well, there's nothing missing. No, seriously. Everything can be done with the tools that were released here.

    If you want to know, we have around 85% of what you wrote. Also, Trickster works on Windows 10...

    Quote Originally Posted by Firelad97 View Post
    yet why are you so afraid to release those tools?
    We're not afraid. It's just that I can count the amount of contributors with my fingers. We are voluntarily setting a goal and therefore we have the right to decide whether we'll release our tools or not.

    Once again, that goal: if someone releases something somewhat large, then we'll release our load screen editor. If the section becomes active with new stuff (an example would be the rAthena scene, it's kind of dead but there are still some people helping around and releasing stuff), we will be active in releasing tools that we create.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

  10. #10
    Registered faerusama is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    9Posts

    Re: Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

    first, my english isnt good.

    I thinking about back to work on Trickster Section, at moment i only see rTO, LifeTO and Chinese Servers and this is awnful.

    I Like diversity, rTO is a Good PServer, but extremely Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay more 2 Win.
    LifeTO is good, but something make that server very limited.
    I Cant talk much about chinese private.

    I think i can relese my NRI Editor to help ppl make ur itens/mobs and etc, some web scripts like Register, webcash, webcomp/refine (i dont like, but why not?), GM Tools (web/windows) to help who dont have SQL knowledge.

    I have a project called Trickster Brasil, i translated some part of client to Portuguese, this project is actually stopped, cos depression ruined my life. This can be a opportunit to back to trickster scene.

    I cant release my client at moment, cos i changed so many thing its hard do put back. I removed all useless compound itens like Critical, Block, Elemental Resistance. Added Chaos Faether by Drill and Drop and Other thing. But i will work on a good English Client for Trickster Communit.

    I think its all i have to say now, thanks for attention. (:
    Last edited by faerusama; 27-03-17 at 07:25 PM.

  11. #11
    Libre Software Developer PyroSamurai is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    426Posts

    Re: Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

    @faerusama we prefer to keep any an all development/conversations on the forum, faeru. I appreciate your comment and input on this thread, though.
    Happy Hacking!
    Programming: the power of creation at your fingertips

    If you like my releases or think I post like a pro -> give me rep.
    If you want to thank me -> use the like button.
    Trickster Online Section Moderator


  12. #12
    ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ altasking is online now
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    日本Location
    408Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by faerusama View Post
    first, my english isnt good.

    I thinking about back to work on Trickster Section, at moment i only see rTO, LifeTO and Chinese Servers and this is awnful.

    I Like diversity, rTO is a Good PServer, but extremely Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay more 2 Win.
    LifeTO is good, but something make that server very limited.
    I Cant talk much about chinese private.

    I think i can relese my NRI Editor to help ppl make ur itens/mobs and etc, some web scripts like Register, webcash, webcomp/refine (i dont like, but why not?), GM Tools (web/windows) to help who dont have SQL knowledge.

    I have a project called Trickster Brasil, i translated some part of client to Portuguese, this project is actually stopped, cos depression ruined my life. This can be a opportunit to back to trickster scene.

    I cant release my client at moment, cos i changed so many thing its hard do put back. I removed all useless compound itens like Critical, Block, Elemental Resistance. Added Chaos Faether by Drill and Drop and Other thing. But i will work on a good English Client for Trickster Communit.

    I think its all i have to say now, thanks for attention. (:
    Thank You, that is going to be allot of help :)
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade112 View Post
    Well, there's nothing missing. No, seriously. Everything can be done with the tools that were released here.

    If you want to know, we have around 85% of what you wrote. Also, Trickster works on Windows 10...
    Upgraded to Windows 10 pro, Client is now working... still seems weird it was crashing in home edition...


    Still looking for anything new, if i find something I will release it with everyone.
    Last edited by altasking; 29-03-17 at 05:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered faerusama is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    9Posts

    Re: Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

    @altasking I think the problem is Home Edition. Im using W10 Pro and Caballa client running perfectly.

  14. #14
    i liek pie iceblade112 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,169Posts

    Re: Translation + Other research progress..

    Quote Originally Posted by altasking View Post
    diu2
    You need to update Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

  15. #15
    Registered Timer is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    Louisiana, USALocation
    24Posts

    Re: Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

    Quote Originally Posted by faerusama View Post
    @altasking I think the problem is Home Edition. Im using W10 Pro and Caballa client running perfectly.
    Idk, I have win10 home and it runs fine, only crashing if I do something stupid (like giving myself the 2nd job buff book on my then future hybrid bun...before remembering that hey, I can check quests before I complete them. :P

    There was another time, however...
    Spoiler:

    Just a minor graphical glitch, though.
    I live by "If you aren't smiling, you aren't doing it right"



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement