Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
translating trickster - Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately - RaGEZONE Forums
[removed]

[edit]
I give up, checked my schedule and I don't have enough free time for this project
now downloading some silly private server Trickster
someone should gather these scattered guides just in case some other programmer comes along
I see all these partially translated clients from months ago but nobody uploaded their libconfig files

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Translation + Other research progress..

And that would be the reason none of LifeTO's tools are released. :/

That's a load of crap. LifeTO's tools aren't released because you and Sky are scared of losing any advantage your server has over the other servers based on these chinese server releases. Please don't come here to lie. It is hard work. We are all aware of this. That is why people selfishly keep their work to themselves. The reason this section is where it is now is because people put those feelings aside and decided to share their work. So please do not talk like that in this section.

Reaction score

That's a load of crap. LifeTO's tools aren't released because you and Sky are scared of losing any advantage your server has over the other servers based on these chinese server releases. Please don't come here to lie. It is hard work. We are all aware of this. That is why people selfishly keep their work to themselves. The reason this section is where it is now is because people put those feelings aside and decided to share their work. So please do not talk like that in this section.

I don't see how a load screen is considered an advantage. I'm fine with releasing them, and the files were released after someone leaked them from a server.

Of course it did exclude some things, though...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I don't see how a load screen is considered an advantage. I'm fine with releasing them, and the files were released after someone leaked them from a server.

Okay, Looking forward to seeing you Release all the files you have that we are still missing :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Someone has to take the initiative though.

And that "Someone" can be you, take the initiative and release everything we are missing and I will do my best to go over all of it.

What do you have though?

I just want everything that is missing so that the game will work as it would have on the official server, working client in windows 10, English translated, gacha mini game, myshop, gm working, all quests, and play till max level.

Personally I am just playing by myself or maybe with a friend or 2. lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I agree with altasking.

There are people out there who wanted resources to run the server, like me. I may now am running my own server, but I lack resources needed to maintain one. I am figuring out on how to do those stuff, blah blah. But you, iceblade112, got everything we need and you won't release them. You released the tutorial, TrickEmu, etc which are very helpful... yet why are you so afraid to release those tools? It is not something I wanted/expected to see from a very young developer.

Reaction score

And that "Someone" can be you, take the initiative and release everything we are missing and I will do my best to go over all of it.

What do you have though?

/snip

Well, there's nothing missing. No, seriously. Everything can be done with the tools that were released here.

If you want to know, we have around 85% of what you wrote. Also, Trickster works on Windows 10...

yet why are you so afraid to release those tools?

We're not afraid. It's just that I can count the amount of contributors with my fingers. We are voluntarily setting a goal and therefore we have the right to decide whether we'll release our tools or not.

Once again, that goal: if someone releases something somewhat large, then we'll release our load screen editor. If the section becomes active with new stuff (an example would be the rAthena scene, it's kind of dead but there are still some people helping around and releasing stuff), we will be active in releasing tools that we create.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
first, my english isnt good.

I thinking about back to work on Trickster Section, at moment i only see rTO, LifeTO and Chinese Servers and this is awnful.

I Like diversity, rTO is a Good PServer, but extremely Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay more 2 Win.
LifeTO is good, but something make that server very limited.
I Cant talk much about chinese private.

I think i can relese my NRI Editor to help ppl make ur itens/mobs and etc, some web scripts like Register, webcash, webcomp/refine (i dont like, but why not?), GM Tools (web/windows) to help who dont have SQL knowledge.

I have a project called Trickster Brasil, i translated some part of client to Portuguese, this project is actually stopped, cos depression ruined my life. This can be a opportunit to back to trickster scene.

I cant release my client at moment, cos i changed so many thing its hard do put back. I removed all useless compound itens like Critical, Block, Elemental Resistance. Added Chaos Faether by Drill and Drop and Other thing. But i will work on a good English Client for Trickster Communit.

I think its all i have to say now, thanks for attention. :)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

first, my english isnt good.

I thinking about back to work on Trickster Section, at moment i only see rTO, LifeTO and Chinese Servers and this is awnful.

I Like diversity, rTO is a Good PServer, but extremely Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay 2 Pay more 2 Win.
LifeTO is good, but something make that server very limited.
I Cant talk much about chinese private.

I think i can relese my NRI Editor to help ppl make ur itens/mobs and etc, some web scripts like Register, webcash, webcomp/refine (i dont like, but why not?), GM Tools (web/windows) to help who dont have SQL knowledge.

I have a project called Trickster Brasil, i translated some part of client to Portuguese, this project is actually stopped, cos depression ruined my life. This can be a opportunit to back to trickster scene.

I cant release my client at moment, cos i changed so many thing its hard do put back. I removed all useless compound itens like Critical, Block, Elemental Resistance. Added Chaos Faether by Drill and Drop and Other thing. But i will work on a good English Client for Trickster Communit.

I think its all i have to say now, thanks for attention. :)
Thank You, that is going to be allot of help :)
Well, there's nothing missing. No, seriously. Everything can be done with the tools that were released here.

If you want to know, we have around 85% of what you wrote. Also, Trickster works on Windows 10...
Upgraded to Windows 10 pro, Client is now working... still seems weird it was crashing in home edition...

Still looking for anything new, if i find something I will release it with everyone.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@altasking I think the problem is Home Edition. Im using W10 Pro and Caballa client running perfectly.
Idk, I have win10 home and it runs fine, only crashing if I do something stupid (like giving myself the 2nd job buff book on my then future hybrid bun...before remembering that hey, I can check quests before I complete them. :p

There was another time, however...
W4mueWc - Discussion about why there are no releases/development lately - RaGEZONE Forums

Just a minor graphical glitch, though.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

do you have the excluded things?
Someone has to take the initiative though.
also Is there anything you can release now? I took the initiative and released the load screen tool but i have seen nothing new released yet :( and it has been around a year now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back