Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixing Windows 10 client issues

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
btw, that guy on rTO is actually a crazy maniac. that's not the reason.

hmm, well that is not good that he is just talking nonsense, well anyway I do remember having this problem before i believe there was a patch, i think it was from xp to vista, the client was crashing then too, it was a fixed within a day though. kinda hard to remember the specifics it was quite a while ago, 6 or so years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Season 2 Trickster Online Server/Client Files

hmm, well that is not good that he is just talking nonsense, well anyway I do remember having this problem before i believe there was a patch, i think it was from xp to vista, the client was crashing then too, it was a fixed within a day though. kinda hard to remember the specifics it was quite a while ago, 6 or so years.

I don't actually remember it crashing. I just remember Vista breaking sound.

Reaction score

.....aaaand that guy who PM'd us on FB ditched us and went to rTO to fix Windows 10 there. They probably paid him to not contact us anymore.
"us" = a secret, btw

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm guessing that guy is _kt with the DXWnd thing.
yeah, that doesn't even work on rTO. It was fixed before he even came to rTO, I don't know why he posted it after..

Reaction score

I'm guessing that guy is _kt with the DXWnd thing.
yeah, that doesn't even work on rTO. It was fixed before he even came to rTO, I don't know why he posted it after..

Really? I tested rTO without the fix and it didn't work for me when he released it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Really? I tested rTO without the fix and it didn't work for me when he released it.
Yeah, the Coder only added the fix the other day in the Maintenance. Mine's working fine on Windows 10 after the maintenance using splash.exe .

Just to test running via trickster.bin, when I tried, it's a hit and a miss. The first few times I wouldn't be able to log in, then DirectX error, now it's working sometimes, so DXWnd doesn't work at all for me and isn't worth the time. Almost every other player who tried DXWnd had the log-in issue as well, so everyone just used Splash.exe now.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yeah, the Coder only added the fix the other day in the Maintenance. Mine's working fine on Windows 10 after the maintenance using splash.exe .

Just to test running via trickster.bin, when I tried, it's a hit and a miss. The first few times I wouldn't be able to log in, then DirectX error, now it's working sometimes, so DXWnd doesn't work at all for me and isn't worth the time. Almost every other player who tried DXWnd had the log-in issue as well, so everyone just used Splash.exe now.

RIP. My server uses DXWnd as a workaround.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

RIP. My server uses DXWnd as a workaround.

I'm glad it works for you guys at least, though. Better than losing any W10 users. rTO must just not have been prepared to work with DXWnd like yours was, and that would explain the incompatibilities.
Hopefully you can find a fix in the near future, you never know what may pop up now days, especially with the techs that are out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'm glad it works for you guys at least, though. Better than losing any W10 users. rTO must just not have been prepared to work with DXWnd like yours was, and that would explain the incompatibilities.
Hopefully you can find a fix in the near future, you never know what may pop up now days, especially with the techs that are out there.

Ours wasn't either. We have to use an older client which doesn't have a few features that are rather important.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Ours wasn't either. We have to use an older client which doesn't have a few features that are rather important.

Ahh, dang. That really sucks, but at least it's playable. That may be why it doesn't work on rTO.
Hopefully a fix will arise soon for you guys-- you never know, that one person who may be able to fix it might see the title, or maybe some people with suggestions to screw around with. Good luck, though!

Back