Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

hi jus an idea merged server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi to all
i might sound like a noob but wat if the posibility of merging all the contents fo the cTO , jTO , kTO .......
i mean all the servers out ther in tat way i guess all the transalations will be either faster & the private server might develop faster !!

well i m no computer guiness like u guys but i do know wat i said her is rubbish & i guess i will egt critisism like al load of it!!!
but do consider the idea of the merging the servers to get the work done more faster!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi to all
i might sound like a noob but wat if the posibility of merging all the contents fo the cTO , jTO , kTO .......
i mean all the servers out ther in tat way i guess all the transalations will be either faster & the private server might develop faster !!

well i m no computer guiness like u guys but i do know wat i said her is rubbish & i guess i will egt critisism like al load of it!!!
but do consider the idea of the merging the servers to get the work done more faster!!!

packets .. are different.. i wish it was possible but its not.. also content isnt the same

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
It is quite likely for them to have several quests in common or in general text that has or needs to be translated. Sharing information is what development work is about. They should help each other where they can if they are going in different directions anyways.

Reaction score
It is quite likely for them to have several quests in common or in general text that has or needs to be translated. Sharing information is what development work is about. They should help each other where they can if they are going in different directions anyways.

We're doing alpha testing with the translation right now. The client still has a checksum lock, you know?
If you have experience then I'd appreciate some help.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly if you want help, then post a list of jobs needing to be filled and files of things that have been changed. This forum thread needs to be as efficient as a github repo *which I prefer* but since what we are doing is illegal we need to make due here. Honestly, all the english trickster projects (assuming there is more than one) will only hurt themselves by keeping any changes or accomplishments to themselves. Worry about having a working product before you worry about who did what.

And yes I can help with that... but honestly you guys need to start thinking about writing a new client once you have enough data to work with.

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'll give you a couple reasons that would make a new client "necessary":

1. Without the source code, modification of its features are slim to null.

2. While the current client you use and pass around, even if modified from the original, will be illegal and therefore hard to distribute widely (in public), a new client made by your dev team would be legal and freely distributable to anyone you wish with no consequences.

3. Also with a new client you will know how it works, completely, therefore problems can be handle more efficiently.

4. In reference to #1 and #3, in addition since you (you and your team) would be making it the arduous issue of "checksum lock"="size lock" would be avoided by you and any who follow in your footsteps. If the box isn't big enough, get a bigger box.

While none of these make it necessary for you and your project since you plan to keep your stuff private and evade legalities by obscurity (same as gameguard's attempts to prevent hacking but we still have applications to disable gameguard ;) ). For a public project this would be necessary. If you need an example of how this would work look up OpenTibia on GitHub. They took an entire copyrighted game (server and client) and reverse engineered it to make and open source equivalent. I'm just an open-source dev, and this is how we do things. I'm not being an butt about any of my posts. I just don't work on projects that don't benefit everyone and I comment with that purpose in mind.

Back