Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A small question

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i know half the stuff here is old and mostly left to die but me and my wife before we got married about 5-6 years back use to play trickster alotttt and i was trying to get a server up to relive some of the memories i got the public vm box going and the servers run fine but i can't get the client to work at all i used my public ip hell im not really worried about public if i can run LAN with her and me only that would be great.. but my problem is when i type in the user information and click login i get a message Disconnected. and thats it the VM shows no attempt to connect i know my problem is from the vm to the client i just donno where or what i may have done and i have read and re-read have the tuts but maybe talking it out could help me? if anyone has a spare moment to help a guy out would be nice

Thanks to anyone that can spare some time for this problem.

P.S the server runs in the VM http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/virtualbox-public-trickster-server-release-983126/ and the client runs in my windows 7 64bit.. don't know if that matters.

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like you haven't forwarded the ports from your router to the PC that the vm server is running on. This is one of the things you have to figure out yourself, but if you just plan to play with you and your wife you can just follow the guide and instead of using your public ip you can put in the ip that your router has given for the machine the vm is on and I would suggest making that ip static in the router so that machine doesn't get assigned a different one by the router.

Reaction score
Sounds like you haven't forwarded the ports from your router to the PC that the vm server is running on. This is one of the things you have to figure out yourself, but if you just plan to play with you and your wife you can just follow the guide and instead of using your public ip you can put in the ip that your router has given for the machine the vm is on and I would suggest making that ip static in the router so that machine doesn't get assigned a different one by the router.

...or you can use bridged networking.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
030 well! if this works.. and you can also update like wans server.
i will for sure play it to test it out :)

Back