Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Translation + Other research progress..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, guys.
Who can tell me where to find that file dat_Recon_E.exe ? Where to download it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, the TSgiveaway program has been updated.

Added serch button to search by part of the name.
Random status items are now supported.(RandomStatImportTable and random function were omitted, because minimum status item is do not want.)

Please enjoy!

how to use it connect sql server ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
anyone knows a program to extract the image files from .nri files?? years ago I had one but lost the trickster image viewer for nri files please >.<

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
anyone knows a program to extract the image files from .nri files?? years ago I had one but lost the trickster image viewer for nri files please >.<

You can always find the last version of ViX thanks to the web archive project.

Here is the nri.spi: View attachment nri_spi.7z
It was made in 2005, so don't expect it to work on newer files, that's just a bonus if does.

If you want something newer you can check out the prototype tool I maintain .
I'm am working on many projects at the moment but I am making a new .nri extractor based on what was learned from the prototype. It will be able to handle any .nri or .bac, that I guarantee. Until it is done, though, you will just have to make do with what is available right now.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can always find the last version of ViX thanks to the web archive project.

Here is the nri.spi: View attachment 161181
It was made in 2005, so don't expect it to work on newer files, that's just a bonus if does.

If you want something newer you can check out the prototype tool I maintain .
I'm am working on many projects at the moment but I am making a new .nri extractor based on what was learned from the prototype. It will be able to handle any .nri or .bac, that I guarantee. Until it is done, though, you will just have to make do with what is available right now.

Speaking of your NORI prototype tool, are you going to be able to rebuild the .bac so that it will show the complete rebuild of the image like you would see it ingame? also it seems that the animation has a part in layering the .bac image from the single files you can view it completed and you should be able to extract everything in .gif too, also some of the extracted images right now are encrypted still,

iostream - Translation + Other research progress.. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@altasking The ViX plugin gives a more accurate representation of the the way the images are actually stored in .bac/.nri files. They are piece-meal. Shoes, legs, torso, head, gear.
As far as the TO-Toolbox program is concerned, I will not be doing any more nori format work on it. It is a licensing problem for me. I don't want to put such important code under a permissive license like the MIT license. I am willing to continue the libconfig work though. You just have to create an issue on github if you want something with libconfig fixed.

Moving forward with the new NORI project, I will try to output the bmp's full put together even though they aren't stored that way in the .nri/.bac files. As for the .gif stuff, I have a nri-to-gif executable (from a person who tried that) and well I'm willing to let you have a copy of it but I have no plans to include that type of capability in my project. The first reason for this is that the color palette for gif's is pathetic and inadequate for a faithful re-composition. The second reason is that you have to remember that my goal is full-blow client and server replacements. Programs that serve the current client and server setup is not my priority.

I'm creating the nori extractor because I need one that can faithfully render and export all .nri/.bac files and that I can edit if need additional functionality. To this date, there are no tools that can claim even the first part of that statement.

Additional info: It will be a command line tool. No GUI. It will be licensed GPLv3. And I've said this in my very first release on RZ: I make tools, not toys.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@altasking The ViX plugin gives a more accurate representation of the the way the images are actually stored in .bac/.nri files. They are piece-meal. Shoes, legs, torso, head, gear.
As far as the TO-Toolbox program is concerned, I will not be doing any more nori format work on it. It is a licensing problem for me. I don't want to put such important code under a permissive license like the MIT license. I am willing to continue the libconfig work though. You just have to create an issue on github if you want something with libconfig fixed.

Moving forward with the new NORI project, I will try to output the bmp's full put together even though they aren't stored that way in the .nri/.bac files. As for the .gif stuff, I have a nri-to-gif executable (from a person who tried that) and well I'm willing to let you have a copy of it but I have no plans to include that type of capability in my project. The first reason for this is that the color palette for gif's is pathetic and inadequate for a faithful re-composition. The second reason is that you have to remember that my goal is full-blow client and server replacements. Programs that serve the current client and server setup is not my priority.

I'm creating the nori extractor because I need one that can faithfully render and export all .nri/.bac files and that I can edit if need additional functionality. To this date, there are no tools that can claim even the first part of that statement.

Additional info: It will be a command line tool. No GUI. It will be licensed GPLv3. And I've said this in my very first release on RZ: I make tools, not toys.

I brought up the issue with the extraction of some of the .nri files coming out encrypted just being a possible issue in the future depending on how you want to implement the new .nri/.bac files for your server and client replacement and it may end up showing the encrypted version of the image instead.

The .nri type that is doing this is the 0x12F to fix the problem I rotated the image saved it then rotated it back to how it originally was and looking in the hex it made some changes to the .bmp here is the image of the hex changes in binary highlighted and this is in correspondence with this image:

Extracted .bmp comparison

Hex binary of said .bmp comparison

I have a nri-to-gif executable not sure if it is the same one you have, I got it from the trickster online japan wiki page, your clarification on the matter with the .gif that is good to know and I was wondering if you will have a tool that would recreate the .nri/.bac for the client and server replacement or do you intend to use a different method?

Attachments

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I intend to extract the .nri/.bac files into .bmp's and then convert them into .png's. From there I plan to create spritesheets from them. Anyways, point is I won't be reusing the .nri format. If content is needed to be compressed, I have an idea that I can pull from my Infraelly project which works much like the old Quake formats.

Yes it is the same executable we are talking about. As for the .nri/.bac extraction, thanks for the input on how to fix that. I will be sure to include that fix into the new program.

By the way, some people doing sprite sheets manually just using bmp's .

Ofcourse, I'll just write a program to do it for me, doing what took them hours in about 10 seconds each. Anyways, this will all get done in my free time so it will take a while, not that this community isn't accustom to waiting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I brought up the issue with the extraction of some of the .nri files coming out encrypted just being a possible issue in the future depending on how you want to implement the new .nri/.bac files for your server and client replacement and it may end up showing the encrypted version of the image instead.
it seems that TO Toolbox does this only with 8 bit color images

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Random status items are now supported.(RandomStatImportTable and random function were omitted, because minimum status item is do not want.)

Please enjoy!
Not exactly sure what to do here. I set it to my server's IP and it still doesn't work, and I don't know what it means by "instance". Does it mean ODBC?
ey5wrV1 - Translation + Other research progress.. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what to do here. I set it to my server's IP and it still doesn't work, and I don't know what it means by "instance". Does it mean ODBC?
ey5wrV1 - Translation + Other research progress.. - RaGEZONE Forums

Depending on what guide you followed, you likely don't want to enter your IP. You'll want your instance name, which would be (local) or . if you followed my name. If it's remote, try {IP}\{instanceName}

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Depending on what guide you followed, you likely don't want to enter your IP. You'll want your instance name, which would be (local) or . if you followed my name. If it's remote, try {IP}\{instanceName}
Yeah, about that, there isn't much of one...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the Server name you used for your ODBC source on the host machine
ex
Server=Win34354ggfg\SQL
Which is also the name right above Databases in your management studio

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Please enjoy!

Hi, Could anyone please upload this file (TSgiveaway) again please? the link is not work anymore.
thanks

Back