• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

1.5 Source Visual Studio 2012 "Cannot open include file: 'afxdb.h'"

Reaction score
I had no other chance so I have downloaded Visual Studio 2012. I was following http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/tutorial-build-gunz-1-5-a-941041/ this guide to compile the National Gunz source, and got stuck. When I try to build "CSCommon" I get the following error:

Code:
Error	1	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxdb.h': No such file or directory	C:\Users\user\Desktop\Gunz\Source\Source_Code\Stable\CSCommon\Include\stdafx.h	14	1	CSCommon

Do I need to install something else ?

Reaction score
Ah, You are using visual 2012? I am not sure about it... Check if there MFC for 2012 if not then try to install this one maybe it will work.

Well there is no MFC for 2012. I have installed VS 2013 but got a problem with that library.. it says there is no vs installed on the computer (tried running as admin). Will see what I can do.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Okay, here's a workaround:
Find winnt.h. (Hover the mouse over the filename from the error to see the path)

Search for:
Code:
typedef void * POINTER_64 PVOID64;

Replace with:
Code:
typedef void * __ptr64 PVOID64;

Upvote 0
Back