Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

3DSMax Questions..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I summon the masters in 3DSMax, Wucas and HellSniper and whoever else knows ..

I've been studying 3DSMax for a long time and trying to apply to gunz maps, but I have some problems.
The map I create everything just right, I export without problems ..The problem that is breaking me is the collision. When opening the map in WorldEdit and selecting the "solid" option, some parts of the map are black. (Without solid kk)

I check everything, visual walls (pass_x) collision walls (hide_x) and everything is fine: |

Doubts..

Can I use the Attach function to gather everything I want for hide_x?
Can I model the map in spline and extrude? Would doing this cause a problem?
To start a map project, do I start with a simple box?

I already know a lot, but I have these little doubts, if you can help me I believe I can create good maps ..

z = v / c
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Best of luck and hope you figure it out.

I know 3DS was always too complex for me, and my low-quality GTK maps paled in comparison to Wucas and HellSniper's 3DS works lol Like comparing using Paint to Photoshop :laugh:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Retrace your steps, you can always redo the whole collision (even though it can be a witch).

Starting with a simple box map can also be useful to build up your skill.

If you got some screenshots or files I could have a look at it since I did a few things in 3DSmax map wise (though I am still learning it myself).

Upvote 0
Back