Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is there an Auto-Add/Edit 'alpha 1' for DDS

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
I have 700 textures that are .bmp file (file extension). I have converted them to .DDS with plain white 'alpha 1' channel. Right now, I am using Photoshop Action (Macro) for the 'alpha 1 channel' but still kidda Hassle for me.

Might be there is an Auto-Add/Edit 'alpha 1' channel for DDS that will auto-detect the plain color or not included pixels/color of 'background layer or image' so that instead of plain white of 'alpha 1 channel', it will now base on the image and will have a black background color or plain black color for alpha 1 channel and will be plain white for non-plain color from image. I keep looking on Google but I found nothing.
Anyone already have this? Kindly share.

DDS?
cheaterastic - Is there an Auto-Add/Edit 'alpha 1' for DDS - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no "auto detect/set alpha channel".
Record/make your own photoshop macro, if all your backgrounds are the same theres no issue.
Why/how do you have 700 bmp files to begin with? and why do all 700 of them need transparency?

Upvote 0
Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
There is no "auto detect/set alpha channel".
Record/make your own photoshop macro, if all your backgrounds are the same theres no issue.
Why/how do you have 700 bmp files to begin with? and why do all 700 of them need transparency?

Yea already done.
I did converted it to png and downloaded a program for converting png to dds. I made macro/action and doing a batch/automate. Works.

Upvote 0
Back