Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Character select screen idea

Reaction score
so i know gunz is really dead, all the links are dead, but i just cant move on guys.

ive been trying to make my client a tiny bit different then the rest, my idea is this, having a character select screen with all 4 characters showing, instead of just the one you chose only, instead of having one character centered in the middle, i want the first moved to the left, and so on, with the fourth on the right and move the names of the characters beneath the respected character that it represents.

i cannot seem to find the .cpp / .h file that represents the character select screen to even see if this is possible, can anyone help me out with showing the location of this? or if this has been done before, share the link to the pages?

thanks for all you do gunz community, i know there is few of us left, we need to stick together!

Example of what im looking at:
gunz-3722-2 - Character select screen idea - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can start here.
zcharacterselectview.cpp

Upvote 0
Reaction score
As you said, the game is pretty dead, so I wouldn't recommend anyone building it for public gaming, since it's a waste of time, and there are too many other better games nowadays. However, if you still develop the source code in order to gain more experience with the language and to learn how things work, it's definitely not a waste of time, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for that source code.
So good luck :):

Upvote 0
Reaction score
As you said, the game is pretty dead, so I wouldn't recommend anyone building it for public gaming, since it's a waste of time, and there are too many other better games nowadays. However, if you still develop the source code in order to gain more experience with the language and to learn how things work, it's definitely not a waste of time, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for that source code.
So good luck :):

thank you! i actually went through the coding for hours yesterday, and i couldnt find the function that showed the character location, it looked like i needed to almost recode that section completely to get 4 chars there lol :D so might not be worth it just yet

Upvote 0
Back