Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The damn 999 ping

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try everything to fix this error and I do not know what else to do. I have the following open ports on my router: 6000 (tcp) / 5100 (udp) / 9000 (udp) / 7777 (udp) / 5900 (udp) / 7778 (udp)I want to clarify that I already opened other ports like the 8500 or from 7700 to 7800.search google all possible ports of gunz and probe all possible combinations (tcp / udp or both)but it's useless and when a player enters the room it appears with 999 of ping and I with 0 ping but we can not fight

this is my server.ini configuration: (
try making several combinations but none works and continue with the high ping)
Code:
 SERVERPORT=6000 SERVERUDPPORT=7777 FREELOGINIP="MY PUBLIC IP" or my WAN IP or 127.0.1 KEEPERIP="MY PUBLIC IP" or my WAN IP or 127.0.0.1 DEBUGIP="" [COLOR=#212121]here also place the different combinations [/COLOR]MONITORIP="127.0.0.1" or my WAN IP or mi public IP MONITORPORT=9000
And this is my agent configuration: (Here try to combine also but it does not work either)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr"?><XML> <AGENTCONFIG><NAME>My server name</NAME> <MAXCLIENT>1000</MAXCLIENT> <MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="127.0.0.1" tcpport="6000"/> <ADDRESS ip="MY WAN IP or my PUBLIC IP or 127.0.0.1" tcpport="7777" udpport="5100"/> </AGENTCONFIG> </XML>

the server that i'm using does not use the locator but also execute it for the doubts and even so it continues with the problem.

As you will see, try to combine everything possible so that this damn ping does not appear and even use dmz in my router but it does not work
please someone to tell me how to solve this and search google and there are many people who have the same problem but nobody has a solution ... is there a compiled matchagent that does not have this error?PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED TO SOLVE THIS PLEASE

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This poop has plagued me for a year. Your ISP is fairly irrelevant. The problem is running the server on the same network you're trying to play on. Either use Refined GunZ, VPS, or run the server in a bridged vm on your network while playing through vpn on the host pc. Try having 2 external users play on your server and see if they 999 ping to each other. All ips in matchserver.ini should be 127.0.0.1. Make sure dbo.LocatorStatus ip is wan in database.

I don't know if all of these are necessary or if more are needed but here's what ports I have forwarded. Don't do a range or dmz host.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This poop has plagued me for a year. Your ISP is fairly irrelevant. The problem is running the server on the same network you're trying to play on. Either use Refined GunZ, VPS, or run the server in a bridged vm on your network while playing through vpn on the host pc. Try having 2 external users play on your server and see if they 999 ping to each other. All ips in matchserver.ini should be 127.0.0.1. Make sure dbo.LocatorStatus ip is wan in database.

I don't know if all of these are necessary or if more are needed but here's what ports I have forwarded. Don't do a range or dmz host.

all the ports you said I opened them and if refined gunz is what I think it is ... I already downloaded it and it did not work for me that poop...for now i using a vpn extern but the ping suck...thxall the ports you said I opened them and if refined gunz is what I think it is ... I already downloaded it and it did not work for me

Upvote 0
Back