I see these days, Gunz is almost Dead.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    695Posts

I see these days, Gunz is almost Dead.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hoping for GunZ 3 same system as GunZ: The Duel.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    StarLocation
    1,760Posts

Re: I see these days, Gunz is almost Dead.

Highly doubt it. GunZ 2 wasn't very succesfull.

It's always sad to see a game dying out. (GunZ, and I still love CoD2 for example) But these things just happen :(

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    53Posts

With so many games with better graphics, gunz is being dropped :/

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    PhotoshopLocation
    743Posts

the masangsoft official server lost it's player base which is kinda sad, GunZ 2 is a no no either.
    Guess all our hopes are on pservers.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    5Posts

GunZ IS dead. Officially and (probably) private servers.
    GunZ 2 still has a fighting chance - just no one to bother for it. I'll admit I've thought about it, but usually something comes up and I forget.

MemberRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    RJ - BrasilLocation
    126Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaterastic View Post
    Hoping for GunZ 3 same system as GunZ: The Duel.
    And what would it have differently from gunz 1 to make ppl play it?

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    UnresolvedLocation
    570Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    the masangsoft official server lost it's player base which is kinda sad, GunZ 2 is a no no either.
    Rain, Well... masangsoft losing players because about the new "ip system", i played when masangsoft for the first time to came up to online, there was litterly 1000+ players, there was alot of english and worldwide players who joined the masangsoft communty, right now they can't even join anymore from the new system what they updated, GunZ 2 is a mistake of maiet
    GunZ The Duel Discord Group: https://discord.gg/xPhdeUW

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    1,783Posts

Quote Originally Posted by secondary View Post
    new "ip system"
    Thats called a region lock, just get a vpn that gives you a korean ip and you should be fine.

MemberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    54Posts

Rain, Well... masangsoft losing players because about the new "ip system", i played when masangsoft for the first time to came up to online, there was litterly 1000+ players, there was alot of english and worldwide players who joined the masangsoft communty, right now they can't even join anymore from the new system what they updated, GunZ 2 is a mistake of maiet
    You forgot to mention the very high price of temporary cash items and alot of hackers.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    PhotoshopLocation
    743Posts

Ah it's kinda sad to see them region locking, let's hope they let other western company's host gunz instead then.

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    248Posts

Honestly, I can't imagine Gunz 3 ever being released, Gunz 2 failed miserably, and Gunz 1 still tops it.

Gunz 2 had, or has potential, I was personally awed with the PvE/Quest mode, it was what I've always wished for Gunz 1, but I ended up losing interest in the game altogether - the Euro version was BETA for too long and it was a pain finding a match - while the Steam/US version was full of hackers... Gameplay sucked anyway, it was basically Team Fortress 2 with content from Gunz 1... Bah!

Gunz 1 is not that dead, both Freestyle and UGG/Euro still have 200~300 players, and the rest are scattered along other private servers.

The thing about Gunz, is that it's an extremely profitable and exploitable game, hence the downfall of official servers, and current (everlasting) ruling of pservers.

I would be happy to see everyone together in just one server, both working/modding, and playing, but that would be way too hard, a lot of players are attached to their own personal content on the servers they play on...

EDIT:

Ah it's kinda sad to see them region locking, let's hope they let other western company's host gunz instead then.
    This still ticks me, I get the connectivity/lag part, but what's the point in locking a game to a certain region if that's actually harmful? Without the region lock I strongly believe that the game would actually be more productive, profitable, populated and successful... Yet it seems Masangsoft didn't learn from MAIET's mistakes, at all...
    Last edited by SKNeoDio; 05-09-17 at 01:55 AM.
    "Making mistakes is human, the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    695Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    Spoiler:
    Highly doubt it. GunZ 2 wasn't very succesfull.

It's always sad to see a game dying out. (GunZ, and I still love CoD2 for example) But these things just happen :(
    Yeah, very sad with Gunz-Gamers expectation to GunZ 2. Just suddenly disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by iFinn View Post
    Spoiler:
    With so many games with better graphics, gunz is being dropped :/
    I'd like to say, you have the point too.

Spoiler:
    So sad that there are lot of GunZ Official Servers closed their server.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPenguinGuy View Post
    Spoiler:
    GunZ IS dead. Officially and (probably) private servers.
    GunZ 2 still has a fighting chance - just no one to bother for it. I'll admit I've thought about it, but usually something comes up and I forget.
    GunZ 2 fighting chance, but most of Gunz1 players forget Gunz and never play Gunz anymore that's why Gunz2 will even more dead, unlike with Dota which lot of addicted players and went to play Dota2.

Quote Originally Posted by grandao View Post
    Spoiler:
    And what would it have differently from gunz 1 to make ppl play it?
    I knew it is impossible, but hoping for GunZ 3 same as Gunz 1. Because Gunz 2 is very boring to play for the GunZ 1 addicted players.

Quote Originally Posted by SKNeoDio View Post
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, I can't imagine Gunz 3 ever being released, Gunz 2 failed miserably, and Gunz 1 still tops it.

Gunz 2 had, or has potential, I was personally awed with the PvE/Quest mode, it was what I've always wished for Gunz 1, but I ended up losing interest in the game altogether - the Euro version was BETA for too long and it was a pain finding a match - while the Steam/US version was full of hackers... Gameplay sucked anyway, it was basically Team Fortress 2 with content from Gunz 1... Bah!

Gunz 1 is not that dead, both Freestyle and UGG/Euro still have 200~300 players, and the rest are scattered along other private servers.

The thing about Gunz, is that it's an extremely profitable and exploitable game, hence the downfall of official servers, and current (everlasting) ruling of pservers.

I would be happy to see everyone together in just one server, both working/modding, and playing, but that would be way too hard, a lot of players are attached to their own personal content on the servers they play on...

EDIT:

This still ticks me, I get the connectivity/lag part, but what's the point in locking a game to a certain region if that's actually harmful? Without the region lock I strongly believe that the game would actually be more productive, profitable, populated and successful... Yet it seems Masangsoft didn't learn from MAIET's mistakes, at all...
    You were right.
    Last edited by cheaterastic; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:51 PM.

Advertisement