Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I see these days, Gunz is almost Dead.

Reaction score
Highly doubt it. GunZ 2 wasn't very succesfull.

It's always sad to see a game dying out. (GunZ, and I still love CoD2 for example) But these things just happen :(

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GunZ IS dead. Officially and (probably) private servers.
GunZ 2 still has a fighting chance - just no one to bother for it. I'll admit I've thought about it, but usually something comes up and I forget.

Upvote 0
C:\User\Secondary\Desktop
Reaction score
the masangsoft official server lost it's player base which is kinda sad, GunZ 2 is a no no either.
Guess all our hopes are on pservers.
Rain, Well... masangsoft losing players because about the new "ip system", i played when masangsoft for the first time to came up to online, there was litterly 1000+ players, there was alot of english and worldwide players who joined the masangsoft communty, right now they can't even join anymore from the new system what they updated, GunZ 2 is a mistake of maiet

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Rain, Well... masangsoft losing players because about the new "ip system", i played when masangsoft for the first time to came up to online, there was litterly 1000+ players, there was alot of english and worldwide players who joined the masangsoft communty, right now they can't even join anymore from the new system what they updated, GunZ 2 is a mistake of maiet
You forgot to mention the very high price of temporary cash items and alot of hackers.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Ah it's kinda sad to see them region locking, let's hope they let other western company's host gunz instead then.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't imagine Gunz 3 ever being released, Gunz 2 failed miserably, and Gunz 1 still tops it.

Gunz 2 had, or has potential, I was personally awed with the PvE/Quest mode, it was what I've always wished for Gunz 1, but I ended up losing interest in the game altogether - the Euro version was BETA for too long and it was a pain finding a match - while the Steam/US version was full of hackers... Gameplay sucked anyway, it was basically Team Fortress 2 with content from Gunz 1... Bah!

Gunz 1 is not that dead, both Freestyle and UGG/Euro still have 200~300 players, and the rest are scattered along other private servers.

The thing about Gunz, is that it's an extremely profitable and exploitable game, hence the downfall of official servers, and current (everlasting) ruling of pservers.

I would be happy to see everyone together in just one server, both working/modding, and playing, but that would be way too hard, a lot of players are attached to their own personal content on the servers they play on...

EDIT:

Ah it's kinda sad to see them region locking, let's hope they let other western company's host gunz instead then.

This still ticks me, I get the connectivity/lag part, but what's the point in locking a game to a certain region if that's actually harmful? Without the region lock I strongly believe that the game would actually be more productive, profitable, populated and successful... Yet it seems Masangsoft didn't learn from MAIET's mistakes, at all...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. GunZ 2 wasn't very succesfull.

It's always sad to see a game dying out. (GunZ, and I still love CoD2 for example) But these things just happen :(
Yeah, very sad with Gunz-Gamers expectation to GunZ 2. Just suddenly disappeared.

With so many games with better graphics, gunz is being dropped :/
I'd like to say, you have the point too.

the masangsoft official server lost it's player base which is kinda sad, GunZ 2 is a no no either.
Guess all our hopes are on pservers.
So sad that there are lot of GunZ Official Servers closed their server.

GunZ IS dead. Officially and (probably) private servers.
GunZ 2 still has a fighting chance - just no one to bother for it. I'll admit I've thought about it, but usually something comes up and I forget.
GunZ 2 fighting chance, but most of Gunz1 players forget Gunz and never play Gunz anymore that's why Gunz2 will even more dead, unlike with Dota which lot of addicted players and went to play Dota2.

And what would it have differently from gunz 1 to make ppl play it?
I knew it is impossible, but hoping for GunZ 3 same as Gunz 1. Because Gunz 2 is very boring to play for the GunZ 1 addicted players.

Honestly, I can't imagine Gunz 3 ever being released, Gunz 2 failed miserably, and Gunz 1 still tops it.

Gunz 2 had, or has potential, I was personally awed with the PvE/Quest mode, it was what I've always wished for Gunz 1, but I ended up losing interest in the game altogether - the Euro version was BETA for too long and it was a pain finding a match - while the Steam/US version was full of hackers... Gameplay sucked anyway, it was basically Team Fortress 2 with content from Gunz 1... Bah!

Gunz 1 is not that dead, both Freestyle and UGG/Euro still have 200~300 players, and the rest are scattered along other private servers.

The thing about Gunz, is that it's an extremely profitable and exploitable game, hence the downfall of official servers, and current (everlasting) ruling of pservers.

I would be happy to see everyone together in just one server, both working/modding, and playing, but that would be way too hard, a lot of players are attached to their own personal content on the servers they play on...

EDIT:

This still ticks me, I get the connectivity/lag part, but what's the point in locking a game to a certain region if that's actually harmful? Without the region lock I strongly believe that the game would actually be more productive, profitable, populated and successful... Yet it seems Masangsoft didn't learn from MAIET's mistakes, at all...
You were right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back