Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

doubt !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am new to this and would like to create a project, but I don't know which client + source + file they recommend to start with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! Welcome. Well, I'm no expert myself. I only started messing around with sources about a month ago. But I'll try to offer some advice. Keep in mind that I personally don't care about hosting my own server out to the public, so security/anticheat fixes aren't something I care about too much.

Anyways, from my time perusing this section and picking out different sources to mess around with. The top three contenders for me would have to be...

1.) Super Repack #3 by jorklenis2 - Unfortunately this one was removed from the forums and out of respect for jork I rather not post a link since I'm not sure what his current stances on sharing it are. But it's still out here.. you just gotta search. Anyways, this was the source I decided to stick with as after trying out 4-5 other sources this one had already been updated to VS2019 (since I'm still too green to do it myself) and had the game modes I wanted to implement to my other source already added. Plus I really dig the 'Magic Box' found here + custom flags added to the scoreboard (which had been a PITA for me to find code snippets for.)

Stability wise it's been pretty darn stable. Even after doing my own edits and adding additional toggable options I still haven't managed to crash it.

Think the only issues I've encountered with it have been in CW but outside of that I'm happy with it and works for my intended use which is just to play with a few friends casually on my own local network and relive some good ol' memories. :'D

2.) Old School GunZ Source by Gregon132 - A nice clean vanilla base with some improvements over juri3n's. It was my go to source prior to finally switching to jork's.

3.) GunZ 1.5 Repack by jur13n - It has some alterations done to it (like the loading/character select screen, bgm changes), etc. But it it's still a very stable, reliable source. A great beginner source and basis of many tutorials here at RZ.

Upvote 0
Back