Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

fmod.dll missing and assert error.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I just started to dive into gunz mods and can't seem to get the game running. After successfully building gunz using Visual Studio 2003(have 2012 but not sure if that will work any better :p ) I go to the runtime folder and open up the exe file and get these following errors.

The first image is when I don't have fmod.dll. The Second image is when I copy my fmod.dll from my universe gamers gunz file and try to paste it inside my runtime folder.

Edit: Also I am going off this thread for help http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/guide-build-gunz-source-code-796269/
VanillaLulu - fmod.dll missing and assert error. - RaGEZONE Forums
VanillaLulu - fmod.dll missing and assert error. - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
const MCountry GetCountryID( const char* pLanguage )
{
ASSERT( (0 != pLanguage) && (0 < strlen(pLanguage)) ); /*Line 47 where assert statement is */

if( 0 == pLanguage ) return MC_INVALID;
if( 0 == strlen(pLanguage) ) return MC_INVALID;

if( 0 == stricmp("kor", pLanguage) )
return MC_KOREA;
else if( 0 == stricmp("international", pLanguage) )
return MC_US;
else if( 0 == stricmp("jpn", pLanguage) )
return MC_JAPAN;
else if( 0 == stricmp("brz", pLanguage) )
return MC_BRAZIL;
else if( 0 == stricmp("ind", pLanguage) )
return MC_INDIA;
else if( 0 == stricmp("usa", pLanguage) )
return MC_NHNUSA;
else
{
ASSERT( 0 );
}

return MC_INVALID;
}

Not 100% what I should do to get around this problem. Could I comment out this section or somehow set the default country to usa to avoid this error?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Your argument is null (the argument being pLanguage). I'm guessing your default language isn't being found, so it's set to NULL.
So when that is set to NULL, the assert happens.

And yes, you could set it to USA.
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]const MCountry GetCountryID( const char* pLanguage )[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]    return MC_NHNUSA;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]
[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hmm so I did try replacing that portion of the code but now I'm getting an error in.

c:\users\administrator\desktop\gunz\stable\cscommon\source\mbasestringresmanager.cpp Line: 46

bool MBaseStringResManager::Init(const char* szPath, const int nLangID, MZFileSystem* pfs )
{
m_strPath = szPath;
m_pFS = pfs;

string strFileName;

//string table
strFileName = m_strPath + FILENAME_STRING_TABLE;
if (!m_StringTable.Initialize(strFileName.c_str(), nLangID, pfs))
{
_ASSERT(0); <---------------------------------------------------------------------------LINE 46
mlog("Error!! - StringTable Initalize Failed\n");
return false;
}

// error table
strFileName = m_strPath + FILENAME_ERROR_TABLE;
if (!m_ErrorTable.Initialize(strFileName.c_str(), nLangID, pfs))
{
_ASSERT(0);
mlog("Error!! - ErrorTable Initalize Failed\n");
return false;
}

bool ret = OnInit();
return ret;
}

I'm assuming now that I need to do something with the ASSERT function.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Your files are f'ed up. You need to dig through your locale/language/resource files. Basically, it's failing to load your strings.xml, you don't want to skip that.

Make sure system.mrs is packed, no 'system' folder. Validate your XML's, check your configuration, so on.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay so I just realized that I haven't actually built the gunz.sln in release as well, so now I have two exe files. gunz.exe and gunzd.exe

I've tried running the gunz.exe but now I'm getting a "dll hacking detected" error, so after a little searching I downloaded the dbghelp.dll and now my exe file runs but doesn't pop up.

Getting too many errors trying to run it, might try a few things on my own. Thx for all the help :thumbup:

Upvote 0

enm

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why after updating win8 I had an error missing fmod.dll what cause that problem I never had it before, how to solve it any ideas?

Upvote 0

ucs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
check here on for every dll file you whant.

Upvote 0
Back