Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How does gunz work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've created my new gunz server, but i'm still trying to figure out how does it work.
I've searched for tutorials for how to start my own gunz development and how to edit the source code, but all the tutorials talking about client side, of making a new client, adding weapons only in client side, so i thought to my self "Basicaly if i'm adding a weapon for one client only and logging to the server and buy this weapon all other characters just crash cuz they don't have this weapon", or if i'm adding couple of things there is no server side to check if those things added by me or by someone else".

So i tought to myself, there must be a problem. and there must be server side somewhere.
Someone can explain to me where the serverside takes part?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you code the xmls for the weapons you added? Must be unconded or something that's why it crashes.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I've created my new gunz server, but i'm still trying to figure out how does it work.
I've searched for tutorials for how to start my own gunz development and how to edit the source code, but all the tutorials talking about client side, of making a new client, adding weapons only in client side, so i thought to my self "Basicaly if i'm adding a weapon for one client only and logging to the server and buy this weapon all other characters just crash cuz they don't have this weapon", or if i'm adding couple of things there is no server side to check if those things added by me or by someone else".

So i tought to myself, there must be a problem. and there must be server side somewhere.
Someone can explain to me where the serverside takes part?

There is a zitem.xml located in your matchserver directory. This is the server side. It should match the zitem you put in your client.

Upvote 0
Back