Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz reborn ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey everyone, its been a long time, all i wanted to say was i miss gunz dude, anyone feel like to give gunz a rebirth ?

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
If I had a computer I would probably give it a try myself just for the fun of it.

If not, then I would at least still be making maps.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't even know where to start with a server. Tried the whole vanilla thing, people hated it. tried improving graphics, emulating all the missing gamemodes, etc, still didn't keep people interested.

i believe people are sick of what gunz is today

maybe one way would be to reformulate the game, like interface, remove that 'mint' system that this tired interface presents and work on something more current.

game modes? i think people have been able to play servers with all the current modalities available (gun, infected, ctf, spy, etc.)
an interesting modality would be blitzkrieg with good graphics or some single developed

Gunz is dead because they are tired of always seeing the same thing. although I always miss the nostalgia that gunz still is and think about opening a server

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would also like to go back, but I do not have a good PC, I will come back when I have a good PC

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm rebuild it.
Delete the entire animation and item.
Not sure it's gonna be same anymore

Upvote 0
Reaction score
We'd need a GunZ Battle Royale mode to probably get a decent amount of players. But then we'd need a decent sized map lol

I believe the guy who made Monolith (forgot his name, he was a dev at DarkGunZ) made some giant butt maps. But then again. They'd probably need to be even bigger. Especially with the crazy mobility GunZ has.

Upvote 0
Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I believe the guy who made Monolith (forgot his name, he was a dev at DarkGunZ) made some giant butt maps. But then again. They'd probably need to be even bigger. Especially with the crazy mobility GunZ has.

Don't remember a Monolith map, you mean Mithlond by any chance?

If so that was made by AAA Mods, him and I talked a lot about map making.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't even know where to start with a server. Tried the whole vanilla thing, people hated it. tried improving graphics, emulating all the missing gamemodes, etc, still didn't keep people interested.
Well, Old players wont come play Gunz again. The only thing you can do to reveal the game for new players is only by promoting the game on Facebook ads, Instagram or whatever. Working on your website SEO by using the keywords "Gunz" keyword wont help you anymore.

Yep, Really sad to see this:
U2LF8cc - Gunz reborn ? - RaGEZONE Forums

The best way that used to promote your server was improving your website SEO for "Gunz" keyword by making articles, back-links and many more ways that wont help you today to promote your server website. Which means organic SEO wont help you on this days.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, Old players wont come play Gunz again. The only thing you can do to reveal the game for new players is only by promoting the game on Facebook ads, Instagram or whatever. Working on your website SEO by using the keywords "Gunz" keyword wont help you anymore.

Yep, Really sad to see this:
U2LF8cc - Gunz reborn ? - RaGEZONE Forums

The best way that used to promote your server was improving your website SEO for "Gunz" keyword by making articles, back-links and many more ways that wont help you today to promote your server website. Which means organic SEO wont help you on this days.
and they download join game meet old players kill them with professional k style no level hard to kill old player then deleted game

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good to see some familiar faces still hanging around.

Well, Freestyle still has its share of players, I believe that Joe and Euro/Universe also have their share of players.

And guess what, to my surprise, the Daemons Ring Staff launched an open beta Gunz server a few days ago...

My apologies, I've been away for a long time; I might be back into the game, or not, time will tell.

My regards to everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm starting to get hyped by the very same thing that made me become a Gunz modder - Quest/PvE :] Not sure if anyone will be able to make a working Blitzkrieg game mode, I would definitely like to see that; yet, and for now, I'm starting to envision a war between Mechs and Organics (two different teams of NPCs warring against eachother), and the players barging in as the Chosen Ones of the Astra Gods to maintain peace and harmony, or something like that, with a short script/plot.

as told by the Astra Gods. (or something like that). I've never actually played Challenge Quest seriously until this month.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Blitzkrieg is possible to get working. I've gotten it about 40% finished (enough to play it). The problem is the UI is a PITA to recreate, and zactorwithfsm will chew through your cpu, not entirely sure how maiet optimized the new AI.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss GunZ so much as well, was really good moments playing it. One of the sad things though, is that new players (who actually play the remaining private servers) don't know what k-style and insta styles are, which is kind of sad, because I am one of the really really old generation players of GunZ, and I missed the old times playing with people who had certain rules for certain maps and playing tricks and such. Great moments really.

I actually still have the client and server files, and me and my old friends still play it once in a while. We gather at someone's place like 10 people, and I open the server on a localhost (LAN party ^_^), and we play.

But I don't think it's ever going to be as active as it was. There are too many new games that players are playing now, so I don't think a rebirth is possible unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss GunZ so much as well, was really good moments playing it. One of the sad things though, is that new players (who actually play the remaining private servers) don't know what k-style and insta styles are, which is kind of sad, because I am one of the really really old generation players of GunZ, and I missed the old times playing with people who had certain rules for certain maps and playing tricks and such. Great moments really.

I actually still have the client and server files, and me and my old friends still play it once in a while. We gather at someone's place like 10 people, and I open the server on a localhost (LAN party ^_^), and we play.

But I don't think it's ever going to be as active as it was. There are too many new games that players are playing now, so I don't think a rebirth is possible unfortunately.

ah you might be right, i was still hoping for a good old rebirth for the og players.

Upvote 0
Back