Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunZ section update - please all members read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In no other game do you see so much ego, so much senseless and childish bickering. I do not want to see this on the forum, what you do / say ingame is your choice, but here you must be civil.

2 moderators have been removed from this section and I will be keeping a personal eye over this section to make sure it stays clean and you guys can focus on development and actually enjoying a game.

I just want to give everyone a heads up that I will be mega strict over the coming days to weed out a bunch of the idiots here. The main problem is the people letting their ego get the best of them. Let me advise you now, your ego does not ever serve you, your ego serves itself and only itself.

In regards to the removed mods we get to see their true character now, were they here for a green name, or are they really here to help develop GunZ? Now we find out ;)

If you have any problems with the moderator team or any forum trouble in general please send me a pm and I'll get back to you asap. I cannot promise I'll reply the same day as some days I am inundated with work. I am also leaving this thread open if you would prefer to chat in public. (this thread will be locked eventually).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well since im new here..
all i can say is..
Attacking other people server is bad. bad bad bad. This kind of action only taken by desperate and unmoral type of person. To be honest I hate this type of people. The one that enjoy seeing other people misery,That sound pathetic isn't it?but everyone deserve a second chance.
Anyway do u guys get payed being a Mod? why is it so important?Status?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
well since im new here..
all i can say is..
Attacking other people server is bad. bad bad bad. This kind of action only taken by desperate and unmoral type of person. To be honest I hate this type of people. The one that enjoy seeing other people misery,That sound pathetic isn't it?but everyone deserve a second chance.
Anyway do u guys get payed being a Mod? why is it so important?Status?

Dude stay the hell out if you don't know what's going on,Theo stop attacking servers,but yet rumors are still going around that he does. Please read the thread ^^

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seriously. http://forum.ragezone.com/f311/need-a-web-coder-for-my-server-560669/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/error-cannot-acces-server-628240/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/help-cannot-acces-server-629111/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/project-need-some-helpers-629903/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/development-sword-with-block-option-626701/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/development-gunz-user-panel-emisand-panel-based-619733/

You demote the 2 most active moderators in this section, and it's going to be worse within the next week. Why is Old Dandune & Triumph even a moderator in this section? System32 was just online and he/she didn't even take the time to look at the first pages of each section.

Upvote 0

Guy

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Guy, I hated him to begin with, he was even the reason that I left ragezone for 2 months, but I started liking him, and appreciating his posts more, he was posting ALLOT in the release/development section when he first joined, but he seems to be posting less, what's happened, man ?

Football just ended, now I'm a varsity wrestler; I try to squeeze in as much time as I can on projects, but, time for less projects means time for less contributions, etc. But, since we've gotten through the largest tournaments for wrestling, that frees up a few hours for me each weekend.

Seriously. http://forum.ragezone.com/f311/need-a-web-coder-for-my-server-560669/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/error-cannot-acces-server-628240/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/help-cannot-acces-server-629111/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/project-need-some-helpers-629903/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/development-sword-with-block-option-626701/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/development-gunz-user-panel-emisand-panel-based-619733/

You demote the 2 most active moderators in this section, and it's going to be worse within the next week. Why is Old Dandune & Triumph even a moderator in this section? System32 was just online and he/she didn't even take the time to look at the first pages of each section.

Seriously - even if I don't get my mod back, the action being taken is just bad for the section overall.

My vote is to keep it the way it was.

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
It's funny how people where complaining a lot and when poop happens they all go like ooh noes hire them back.
The demoting of Phail is unfair yes but come on, we all saw the ego thread and several people in this thread now posting about how unfair it is where the ones starting some discussions about why they even where moderator in the first place.
Don't get me wrong Phail and Guy know a lot about the things they do, way more then 90% of us.
My issue with Guy has nothing to do with me thinking hes a bad mod but we all saw he didn't set the right example.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
haha this is very unexpected, but i knew something like this would happen sometime or later on in date, exclamatio has a "More" interest in GunZ now since RageZone GunZ has been released, which is a good thing of cause, but yea, its gone a bit weird in this section now. D:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
just to clear up some poop

i aint a gunz mod, if you look at it i do have a pretty crappy color other then a mod, i mod all dev sections inside ragezone and a few more...

still question is i am banning who now?

on the mods.

I do tend to agree with most what was written here from both parties.

If it would be up to me i would of have demodded all 4 mods as it is. no exceptions.

Guy i got really no comment on you i do not know you have not followed you.
system32 pretty much inactive in the last 3-4 months
Rotana same
theo i have got around 10 reports a week abt you behaving like an butt towards users, i did not care so far, but when others notice too, not just avg members it tends to get to be a problem for the mod himself

i do not care who leaks what, who hacks whos server, or who ddosses the ++++ out of another person, for me what counts is that the section should be clean and the mods should be a role model for the users. show them they can act, be respectfull and know their stuff

bahh 3 am almost need sleep...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
theo i have got around 10 reports a week abt you behaving like an butt towards users, i did not care so far, but when others notice too, not just avg members it tends to get to be a problem for the mod himself

How do you get this if I haven't posted quite as often as I used to? Where have I actually been an "butt" when I'm helpful as hell to people. I mean honestly, I hear I get reported yet no one contacts me to let me know I've done something wrong or at least to tell me to lighten down? Heh, k.

Upvote 0
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
just to clear up some poop

i aint a gunz mod, if you look at it i do have a pretty crappy color other then a mod, i mod all dev sections inside ragezone and a few more...

still question is i am banning who now?

on the mods.

I do tend to agree with most what was written here from both parties.

If it would be up to me i would of have demodded all 4 mods as it is. no exceptions.

system32 pretty much inactive in the last 3-4 months
Rotana same

i do not care who leaks what, who hacks whos server, or who ddosses the ++++ out of another person, for me what counts is that the section should be clean and the mods should be a role model for the users. show them they can act, be respectfull and know their stuff

bahh 3 am almost need sleep...

thats why i didn't mention you, you and Dandune aren't specific mods here.

anyways, Phails actually been doing good, so I wouldn't really say hes been an butt.

but for the most part I do agree with you.

Upvote 0

Guy

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

I've been to every mod meeting since I've been a mod (I think we actually met at the meeting held on Halloween..)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've been to every mod meeting since I've been a mod (I think we actually met at the meeting held on Halloween..)

aye true that that is why i said i do not know about you, we have not talked that much and i have not followed your activities (not been reported or such)

as for theo and the ppl who reported him

they been affected by your style so to say...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
aye true that that is why i said i do not know about you, we have not talked that much and i have not followed your activities (not been reported or such)

as for theo and the ppl who reported him

they been affected by your style so to say...

My style is that of an average Gunz player, I do hold my developer knowledge on a pedestal, but that is because I have earned it with the hard work. I just request my moderator position back, because I lost it for no legit reason really.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Most of the people who actually bothered to reply to this thread are saying Theoretical is a good mod, I do think it's pretty self explanatory.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Jacob, you're too worried about your own poop to even be a decent Moderator. You couldn't spend enough time to be a good one. What would be the point of you being Mod here anyway? You've already said that your schoolwork and other poop get in the way, along with your own server poop.

Seems like to me that you just want a pretty name.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think some people here are confused as to what a moderator is supposed to do and the relevance of the mod action stats I posted.

Mod actions are the edits a mod uses to keep the forum tidy, this is a moderators job.

It is not a moderators job to answer questions or even to help with any development at all. Those of you equating development work with quality of moderator are very wrong. You do not need a green name to help another person, if you require something in return for everything you "give" then you are missing the point of giving.

Those claiming Rotana is inactive, he still has an average of over 120 "mod actions" in a month, for over 16 months. for a section like gunz, that is what i'd expect.

Most of the people who actually bothered to reply to this thread are saying Theoretical is a good mod, I do think it's pretty self explanatory.

everyone saying that seems to be judging by the wrong measures, I hope this reply helps.

Upvote 0

Guy

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Those claiming Rotana is inactive, he still has an average of over 120 "mod actions" in a month, for over 16 months. for a section like gunz, that is what i'd expect.

Mind pasting all the actions of what/where he has them? I have the odd feeling he has very few, if any, for the past few months.

Everyone knows what a moderators job is - and they still disagree with you.

Jacob, you're too worried about your own poop to even be a decent Moderator. You couldn't spend enough time to be a good one. What would be the point of you being Mod here anyway? You've already said that your schoolwork and other poop get in the way, along with your own server poop.

Seems like to me that you just want a pretty name.

This is coming from a user with 3 posts - you just signed up to post that. You most certainly are not a regular RageZone member.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Erm, Rotana probably deletes all the threads, that's why ^^

Upvote 0
Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In no other game do you see so much ego, so much senseless and childish bickering. I do not want to see this on the forum, what you do / say ingame is your choice, but here you must be civil.

2 moderators have been removed from this section and I will be keeping a personal eye over this section to make sure it stays clean and you guys can focus on development and actually enjoying a game.

I just want to give everyone a heads up that I will be mega strict over the coming days to weed out a bunch of the idiots here. The main problem is the people letting their ego get the best of them. Let me advise you now, your ego does not ever serve you, your ego serves itself and only itself.

In regards to the removed mods we get to see their true character now, were they here for a green name, or are they really here to help develop GunZ? Now we find out ;)

If you have any problems with the moderator team or any forum trouble in general please send me a pm and I'll get back to you asap. I cannot promise I'll reply the same day as some days I am inundated with work. I am also leaving this thread open if you would prefer to chat in public. (this thread will be locked eventually).

thank you,
and i totally agree with you ^^

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Mind pasting all the actions of what/where he has them? I have the odd feeling he has very few, if any, for the past few months.

Everyone knows what a moderators job is - and they still disagree with you.

This is coming from a user with 3 posts - you just signed up to post that. You most certainly are not a regular RageZone member.

I can't believe you still have the audacity to push for more! Instead I will post your mod actions and let others judge how hard you haven't been working.

Everyone know's what a moderators job is? That's really wierd because I'm absolutely certain it's my job to decide that, I must have been wrong all these years...

Again you show your character and why you are unfit to be a mod right now. It would be best to let this lie :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back