Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz1.5 Quest maps have no texture

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ive tried using quest maps from another client where there textures are working fine as soon as i use them in my client Theres no texture its weird though The mansion, prison, dungeon maps in deathmatch have there textures :S please could somone help me resolve this

The Sky's the Limit ^_^
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of would be that the textures are being linked elsewhere to another map which you don't have. For example, I noticed once that some textures were being linked to Battle Arena, but where I got it from the map was called Battle_Arena, and my map had a space in it. Not sure if that would help you. I'm quite sure they won't be encrypted because otherwise you wouldn't be able to play it at all.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey ive fixed it now it was weird though i basicaly used original ones from a diffrent client compiled them but still textures where missing the next day i Tried the EXACT same thing again and boom it works #confused and i think if there getting textures from battle arena that is a custom thing somone has done? Aurora i reconize your name did you play my server Lastgunz When it was up and running ?

Upvote 0
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i think if there getting textures from battle arena that is a custom thing somone has done?

Loading textures from another map is a native function/feature of realspace 2 (aka gunz), maiet did it where applicable.
To load textures from another map add "../" infront of the map and texture name in the diffuse map.

For example;
"../garden/gzd_map_Garden_mask.tga" as diffuse map will make the game load the texture "gzd_map_Garden_mask.tga" from garden.

../ = go up once in the current folder hierachy, mrs files are treated as folders essentially so ../ will make the game leave your maps folder into the clients maps folder where it then looks for garden and within for gzd_map_Garden_mask.tga to load it.

Since quest maps arent in the maps folder but their own maps folder (by default/originally anyways, some servers changed that while organizing files differently), they have multiple ../ to escape/change the current location.

Example;
../../../maps/dungeon/gzd_map_DG_wreckage01.bmp would make the game follow this route
Gunz/Quest/Maps/Dungeon_passage1.mrs ../ -> Gunz/Quest/Maps/ ../ -> Gunz/Quest/ ../ -> Gunz/ -> Gunz/Maps/ -> Gunz/Maps/dungeon/gzd_map_DG_wreckage01.bmp

Some mrs packers can corrupt textures and other files occasionally which can cause your issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back