Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help with Dash Effect in Options

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i have been following the tutorial for adding dash colors into the source code, and i was on the last step in the source code changes when i came across those errors, it says to add a "(" and i have in many places, i guess i just dont understand what to change here, any help is appreciated.

Link To Tutorial:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/dash-colors-options-menu-1071429/

Untitled - Help with Dash Effect in Options - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
There are some solutions in the comments of that thread, if you did them and still haven't fixed these errors, please locate and post the declaration of ZPostDash and let us see it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are some solutions in the comments of that thread, if you did them and still haven't fixed these errors, please locate and post the declaration of ZPostDash and let us see it.

I hope this is what your looking for.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I hope this is what your looking for.

View attachment 165173

Okay well, change the #define before ZPostDash to inline void, remove the comments inside the signature /* */ (not like it matters, but do it).
Also remove all the backslashes from the end of each line in that function, these \

If you still encounter errors, just post them, hopefully we can help.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Code:
struct ZPACKEDDASHINFO {
    short    posx, posy, posz;
    short    dirx, diry, dirz;
    BYTE    seltype, nDashColor;
};
Code:
inline void ZPostDash(rvector& vPos, rvector& vDir, unsigned char sel_type, int nDashColor) {

ZPACKEDDASHINFO pdi;        
        pdi.posx = Roundf(vPos.x);    
        pdi.posy = Roundf(vPos.y);    
        pdi.posz = Roundf(vPos.z);    

pdi.dirx = vDir.x * 32000;    
        pdi.diry = vDir.y * 32000;    
        pdi.dirz = vDir.z * 32000;    

pdi.seltype = sel_type;        
        pdi.nDashColor = nDashColor;

ZPOSTCMD1(CLOAK_CMD_ID(MC_PEER_DASH, 9964), MCommandParameterBlob(&pdi, sizeof(ZPACKEDDASHINFO))); 
}

This way your DashColor will function normally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
struct ZPACKEDDASHINFO {
    short    posx, posy, posz;
    short    dirx, diry, dirz;
    BYTE    seltype, nDashColor;
};
Code:
inline void ZPostDash(rvector& vPos, rvector& vDir, unsigned char sel_type, int nDashColor) {

ZPACKEDDASHINFO pdi;        
        pdi.posx = Roundf(vPos.x);    
        pdi.posy = Roundf(vPos.y);    
        pdi.posz = Roundf(vPos.z);    

pdi.dirx = vDir.x * 32000;    
        pdi.diry = vDir.y * 32000;    
        pdi.dirz = vDir.z * 32000;    

pdi.seltype = sel_type;        
        pdi.nDashColor = nDashColor;

ZPOSTCMD1(CLOAK_CMD_ID(MC_PEER_DASH, 9964), MCommandParameterBlob(&pdi, sizeof(ZPACKEDDASHINFO))); 
}

This way your DashColor will function normally.

Thank you, im gonna try this when i get home from vacation later today.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It actually gave me quite a few more issues, i fixed those with a simple typo. this is the only thing im stuck on now, this CSCommonE.lib file...

any help is appreciated here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
It actually gave me quite a few more issues, i fixed those with a simple typo. this is the only thing im stuck on now, this CSCommonE.lib file...

any help is appreciated here.

View attachment 165190
View attachment 165191

This is a linker error, the project setup is somehow messed up, and you're probably missing a main function, or the project isn't recognizing it.
The tutorial above shouldn't have caused that problem, it's most likely caused by you, try cleaning up the project and build again.
If not, go to project Properties > Configuration > Linker, give us a picture of that box.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a linker error, the project setup is somehow messed up, and you're probably missing a main function, or the project isn't recognizing it.
The tutorial above shouldn't have caused that problem, it's most likely caused by you, try cleaning up the project and build again.
If not, go to project Properties > Configuration > Linker, give us a picture of that box.

yes i will! im at work for another 5 hours, then i will get that posted asap! thanks for all your guy's help!

This is the linker configuration that is set up. it def seems something happened? but i havnt touched this linker set up since the configuration set up at the beginning of the source, a LONG time ago lol

Attachments

Upvote 0
Reaction score
yes i will! im at work for another 5 hours, then i will get that posted asap! thanks for all your guy's help!

This is the linker configuration that is set up. it def seems something happened? but i havnt touched this linker set up since the configuration set up at the beginning of the source, a LONG time ago lol

View attachment 165205

Go to System too

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok Thanks for answer, you can tell me how do you fix the problem?

I suggest starting with a fresh source and building around this, since there is so many errors to begin with, the code is just older and not updated.

just read the warnings and mess around with the coding a bit thats how i fixed it, some of the coding locations he put are actually incorrect and you just need to move them to the right spot (atleast in my 2012 visual studio source).

once they were moved to the right location i got alot less errors, and then just read and fixed the errors one by one from there, if you still need help just let me know and ill do my best to help

Upvote 0
Back