Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Problem with server files 1.5

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys i really need help, i searched a lot and i cant found how to solve...

I setting up a gunz server 1.5 by jur13n in a windows 7 recently installed, so i have all ready:

- DB with sql server 2008 working OK
- ODBC conficurations working OK
- in the DB, i have configured accounts, logins, locatorstatus and serverstatus OK
- im using 127.0.0.1 as local ip
- in server files main config i have DNS=GunzDB, USER=sa,PASSWORD=********

so, im triying to load locator first, but it opens and closes instantly, doesnt show anything... the log says: MLocator::Create - DBÃʱâÈ­ ½ÇÆÐ... maybe there is a bad config or something, because doing tests i removed the config the locator and says "locator config fail"... so the exe is working i think.

after that i dont want open the rest (matchserver and matchagent) because i think the locator is first, anyways, i tried to open matchserver, and gives 2 errors, "MatchServer ÃʱâÈ­ ½ÇƱâÈ­Ð(weird stuff) and the second error is about RunTime Error". (but i think is because is trying to found the locator)

matchagents works fine, but is not connecting to nothing, because i cant open locator and matchserver.

i dont know what to do.... please help me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Got the same thing here, when you click the locator it disapears and i checked the log and got the same error like you have.
Got everything on 127.0.0.1 in sql database as in the server files and compiled system.mrs etc.

Hopefully someone can help him and me out

Followed the steps 1 by 1 did everything correctly

Please someone respond

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what does your MatchServer log say?

says "Can't Connect To DBMS" so, i found the reason and the solution, i posted below

I Got the same thing here, when you click the locator it disapears and i checked the log and got the same error like you have.
Got everything on 127.0.0.1 in sql database as in the server files and compiled system.mrs etc.

Hopefully someone can help him and me out

Followed the steps 1 by 1 did everything correctly

Please someone respond

I solved it with a friend, hours checking... is just a confusion with IP and Ports, tutorials are really BAD, i was tryed a lot of combinations... so, this next configuration is working for me:

we will have 2 types of IP:

CHANGEABLE IP = if u want u can use the 127.0.0.1 to run local, so this can be changed with the public
UNCHANGEABLE IP = this NEED to be only 127.0.0.1

Note1: the main 3 server executables need to be the same server PORT (in my case 8900)
Note2: the serverUDP port in matchserver need to be the same in matchagent udpPort (7777)
Note3: the dbAgentPort in matchserver need to be the same in tcpport in matchagent (5100)

Locator important things:

edit in [NETWORK]
IP="CHANGEABLE IP"
PORT="8900"

MatchServer important things:

edit in [SERVER]
SERVERPORT=8900
SERVERUDPPORT=7777
FREELOGINIP=""
KEEPERIP="UNCHANGEABLE IP"
DEBUGIP="UNCHANGEABLE IP"
MONITORIP="UNCHANGEABLE IP"
MONITORPORT=9000

so add this in the same file
[LOCALE]
DBAgentPort=5100
DBAgentIP=UNCHANGEABLE IP

Note, remember to edit system.xml too, replacing all ip's with the CHANGEABLE IP

and finally in MatchAgent edit

<ADDRESS ip="CHANGEABLE IP" tcpport="5100" udpport="7777"/>
<MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="CHANGEABLE IP" tcpport="8900"/>

SO. in the SQL database, u need use the same ports and ip's used here, in dbolocatorstatus, use the info from the locator in the server, and in dboserverstatus, use the CHANGEABLE IP and the server port used in all server files (in my case 8900)

i hope u will get working.
Cya

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't changed any ports but the locator now works for me.
Atleast thanks for the help, now i know what to do if i make it public

Upvote 0
Back