Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ive really missed Gunz...

Mocro.net
Reaction score
I dont know Why but ive really missed it...

But the community is dead and everyone is grown up and stuff...
What happend to Gunz... Good Times

Mocro - Ive really missed Gunz... - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
After having the 1.5 Source i started Coding allot of stuff in the client and server... Problem is there is so much code if you wanna a add a small thing takes so much work.

To be honest I never liked the 1.5 version, we use a 2007 1.0 source code because the gameplay is far more smoother.

Upvote 0
Mocro.net
Reaction score
To be honest I never liked the 1.5 version, we use a 2007 1.0 source code because the gameplay is far more smoother.

I dont have the source and people like the 1.5 version because of avatars meds etc

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hi, your name is familiar to me...

I share your opinion. I seriously dislike Gunz clients that eat up 1GB+ RAM because they're full of useless stuff that most players don't even use at all.

We've tried what you've mentioned on Daemons Ring back in 2012/2013 - it was mostly a project by Gunblade, known as 'GunZPLUS' - it was inspired by IGunz, and it was running on the 2007 1.0 source, it focused mostly on gameplay and balance, with a few perks from Gunz's 1.5 version.

We ended up closing it since no one seemed interested in this concept anymore...Nowadays players mostly go after the donator-based servers where they get special privileges and custom items.

GUNZPLUS was probably the one thing i was waiting for to see going live just like 2016 Hero GunZ,
It's sad that it still got closed as i really wanted to play it.

I personally like vanilla server's that mostly look like ijji, I wouldn't even care if a server was basically a total clone of ijji with the old premium items acting as premium items instead of free items, There are so many item's for gunz. I don't understand how that's a hard thing to do.

I really think gunz is dying duo to the fact that people already donated a poop ton on different servers and not to mention the ddos.
But if i would be honesty with my self, I do not miss GunZ, I just miss the great times i had on it when i was a kid.

P.S Mocro gunz was fun

Upvote 0
C:\User\Secondary\Desktop
Reaction score
TrueGunZ, 360GunZ, BloodGunZ, LastGunZ, ShadowGunZ, InternationalGunZ, ijjiGunZ, MocroGunZ, DarkGunZ, DemonGunZ, UnderGunZ, KnightGunZ, FGunZ, UltimateGunZ, VinaGunZ, MTGGunZ, UniverseGamersGunZ, LegoGunZ, HeatGunZ, FireGunZ, FlameGunZ, NLGunZ, FatalGunZ, DRGunZ, EagleGunZ, EnigmaGunZ, ArticGunZ, AsylumGunZ, GunZ Ultra, MasangsoftGunZ, HeroGunZ(kor), HeroGamersGunZ, UnitedGunZ, StarGunZ, DualityGunZ, QualityGunZ, DragonGunZ, FusionGunZ, TeenGunZ, TrialGunZ, RubyGunZ, SystemGunZ, DukeGunZ, FlushGunZ, LeftGunZ, AlternativeGunZ, DeltaGunZ, OxygenGunZ, RealGunZ, RealityGunZ, ScrollGunZ, TheroxGunZ, ThroneGunZ, VeloxterGunZ, SkullGunZ, B2OGunZ, SaturnGunZ, DevilGunZ, HellyGunZ, EvilGunZ, LegacyGamersGunZ, AriesGunZ, EmberGamersGunZ, FantasyGunZ, NightGamersGunZ, HeroicGunZ, CrazyToffiGunZ, BraclinzGunZ, RawrGunZ, SeaGunZ, RebirthGunZ, RestyleGunZ, EliteGunZ, AddictiveGunZ, OverGunZ, RivalGunZ, SavageGunZ, RampageGunZ, GeneticGunZ, UnitedGunZ, ComedyGunZ, BlackGunZ, MonkGunZ, SoccerGunZ, AbbyGunZ, NationalGunZ, SaintsGunZ, CatGunZ, DogGunZ, SkyGunZ, FallenGunZ, ReloadedGunZ, FutureGunZ, X-GunZ, XenonGunZ, RazerGunZ, EuroGunZ, EmeraldGunZ, AeroGamersGunZ, IsraelGunZ, SonyGunZ, ExtremeGunZ, TrinityGunZ, LavaGunZ, EternityGunZ
We will never forget!!

Oh yeah, Mocro because almost every complete source of known server has been release, we can easily work together to create a new server!

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
DDoS attacks and even hacking attempts are mostly caused due to provocations or prior attacks, that's why some servers are falling - they've brought it on themselves, they've made their beds, and now they're sleeping on them until they slowly die.

It's like I've said Mocro, wherever there's money involved, there will always be problems. No decent new server can even try to do something good without the same usual mongrels trying to cause problems.

I believe that may be one of the reasons, but not the only one.

Jetman cited important parts to get to the current scenario we are today. Years ago the developers were great but no one thought of attracting a new audience to the game (this also includes expanding the disclosures in other media), that's why the game has always had the same public that today is nauseous and finds the game boring .

Think, how does Masangasoft get hundreds of players for the server? (Okay, it's official) Because they have a way of spreading to attract NEW players, displaying the game to new people can still become attractive and interesting, as they just became boring and boring to us that we are old players of that game .

I'm not saying that different disclosure would save the game, but it would be a start if it was done on big servers. Modalities with a goal could also be developed by these coders that exist, this would make it attractive to new players (like dota game mode). There are millions of ways to fix the game nowadays, the problem is that everyone comes to the bankrupt community, the bankrupt game, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
GUNZPLUS was probably the one thing i was waiting for to see going live just like 2016 Hero GunZ,
It's sad that it still got closed as i really wanted to play it.

I personally like vanilla server's that mostly look like ijji, I wouldn't even care if a server was basically a total clone of ijji with the old premium items acting as premium items instead of free items, There are so many item's for gunz. I don't understand how that's a hard thing to do.

I really think gunz is dying duo to the fact that people already donated a poop ton on different servers and not to mention the ddos.
But if i would be honesty with my self, I do not miss GunZ, I just miss the great times i had on it when i was a kid.

P.S Mocro gunz was fun

Yeah, most people got tired of donator-based servers that have nothing new to offer. The ovewhelming exhausting of custom and paid content or priviledges were also part of what made the game's population decline.

TrueGunZ, 360GunZ, BloodGunZ, LastGunZ, ShadowGunZ, InternationalGunZ, ijjiGunZ, MocroGunZ, DarkGunZ, DemonGunZ, UnderGunZ, KnightGunZ, FGunZ, UltimateGunZ, VinaGunZ, MTGGunZ, UniverseGamersGunZ, LegoGunZ, HeatGunZ, FireGunZ, FlameGunZ, NLGunZ, FatalGunZ, DRGunZ, EagleGunZ, EnigmaGunZ, ArticGunZ, AsylumGunZ, GunZ Ultra, MasangsoftGunZ, HeroGunZ(kor), HeroGamersGunZ, UnitedGunZ, StarGunZ, DualityGunZ, QualityGunZ, DragonGunZ, FusionGunZ, TeenGunZ, TrialGunZ, RubyGunZ, SystemGunZ, DukeGunZ, FlushGunZ, LeftGunZ, AlternativeGunZ, DeltaGunZ, OxygenGunZ, RealGunZ, RealityGunZ, ScrollGunZ, TheroxGunZ, ThroneGunZ, VeloxterGunZ, SkullGunZ, B2OGunZ, SaturnGunZ, DevilGunZ, HellyGunZ, EvilGunZ, LegacyGamersGunZ, AriesGunZ, EmberGamersGunZ, FantasyGunZ, NightGamersGunZ, HeroicGunZ, CrazyToffiGunZ, BraclinzGunZ, RawrGunZ, SeaGunZ, RebirthGunZ, RestyleGunZ, EliteGunZ, AddictiveGunZ, OverGunZ, RivalGunZ, SavageGunZ, RampageGunZ, GeneticGunZ, UnitedGunZ, ComedyGunZ, BlackGunZ, MonkGunZ, SoccerGunZ, AbbyGunZ, NationalGunZ, SaintsGunZ, CatGunZ, DogGunZ, SkyGunZ, FallenGunZ, ReloadedGunZ, FutureGunZ, X-GunZ, XenonGunZ, RazerGunZ, EuroGunZ, EmeraldGunZ, AeroGamersGunZ, IsraelGunZ, SonyGunZ, ExtremeGunZ, TrinityGunZ, LavaGunZ, EternityGunZ
We will never forget!!

Oh yeah, Mocro because almost every complete source of known server has been release, we can easily work together to create a new server!

You forgot Satan Gunz, a 250-300 player server that was around in 2007. It had great staff and players.

I believe that may be one of the reasons, but not the only one.

Jetman cited important parts to get to the current scenario we are today. Years ago the developers were great but no one thought of attracting a new audience to the game (this also includes expanding the disclosures in other media), that's why the game has always had the same public that today is nauseous and finds the game boring .

Think, how does Masangasoft get hundreds of players for the server? (Okay, it's official) Because they have a way of spreading to attract NEW players, displaying the game to new people can still become attractive and interesting, as they just became boring and boring to us that we are old players of that game .

I'm not saying that different disclosure would save the game, but it would be a start if it was done on big servers. Modalities with a goal could also be developed by these coders that exist, this would make it attractive to new players (like dota game mode). There are millions of ways to fix the game nowadays, the problem is that everyone comes to the bankrupt community, the bankrupt game, unfortunately.

I fully agree with you. Sometimes it's all about marketing and knowing how to sell a product properly. On the opposite, an awful example is Gunz Ultra, the official server for Brasil and Spain - the way they advertise and deliver the game is a complete mess.

Hopefully Masangsoft will release an international installment of the game.

Upvote 0
What year is this?
Reaction score
Good Times...

Yea MocroGunz had to much Custom Items Maps etc.. But Players Liked it thats why i did it it made the client Lagg after people using allot of verts on models... that ruined the client.

I had allot of items removed but still made it lagg.

About the IGunz Ijji Style i have tried that allot of times but no1 was intressed in it.

After having the 1.5 Source i started Coding allot of stuff in the client and server... Problem is there is so much code if you wanna a add a small thing takes so much work.

I have made capture the flag before it was remade by someone else used the TDM spawn places for the flags so you could almost all maps with Tdm Spawns. it was really hard to make the gamemode but it was worth it.

I have some ideas coming up but just dont have the time to create them because of work/ company etc...

but il try my best to get this rolling.

I wasn't talking bout making igunz private server as that would be just a suicide xD (ppl are too atracted to op shinny stuff even tho they all end up using same max lvl items :d)
I just generaly miss original balance between ammo, weight and game speed :) (after 1.5 release this game became somewhat laggy, slower and weirder for me)

As for mg, if you ever come back with it again, pass me a notice on ragezone. I might start wandering around some more perhaps xD

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mocro!! omg MocroGunZV10 GoaHead:

Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, 6 years ago, I had no resources whatsoever. Always had to rely on greedy fucks to get servers running and donations were a constant problem.

The solution was always really simple: port gunz to linux and develop it open-sourced. When people stop being greedy, gunz will be fun again.

If anyone does accomplish anything close to what the , I'm willing to sponsor one of my boxes. 20 GB RAM, E5-2670, 200 GB SATA. Stop worrying about donations and focus on the Ducking game.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, 6 years ago, I had no resources whatsoever. Always had to rely on greedy fucks to get servers running and donations were a constant problem.

Unfortunately, I feel your pain... Deeply...

When people stop being greedy, gunz will be fun again.
(...)
Stop worrying about donations and focus on the Ducking game.

Also unfortunately, with some rare exceptions, most current Gunz servers are all about money, and that will never change. Hence why player counts are decreasing in some servers, and the Gunz community is moving to smaller servers.

Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I feel your pain... Deeply...

Also unfortunately, with some rare exceptions, most current Gunz servers are all about money, and that will never change. Hence why player counts are decreasing in some servers, and the Gunz community is moving to smaller servers.

Aren't you the money monger from DR? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Aren't you the money monger from DR? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nop, that was kolie, DR's previous "host". I never earned any money from Gunz. ;]

However, I understand your misunderstanding, since kolie never did anything for DR except collecting donations and hosting our game server(s) on some crappy butt laggy servers.

Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nop, that was kolie, DR's previous "host". I never earned any money from Gunz. ;]

However, I understand your misunderstanding, since kolie never did anything for DR except collecting donations and hosting our game server(s) on some crappy butt laggy servers.

There was some Macintosh chap as well, I think.

Ah, nostalgia.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i missed gunz too im playing some servers like ggz ugg fgunz ...and they are not so nice to me

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There was some Macintosh chap as well, I think.

Ah, nostalgia.

Yeah, Mackintosh founded DR on 2003 with Ultima Online, that was when I first met him because I was all over UO modding communities at that time. Then I got off the internet until I graduated because I got a part-time job and transferred to the night schedule on my 3rd year of Law. However, at the end of 2006, after I graduated, I saw some advertisements of DRGunZ and found him again :) You have a good memory indeed eheh!

Upvote 0
Back