Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is there a lines from source that always calling the pCharacters List?

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
I keep searching but I found nothing. Anyone know where to find this?
A function that keep calling the Characters List from game in every seconds or every 500 miliseconds.

This is the sample code
Code:
for (ZCharacterManager::iterator itor = pZCharacterManager->begin(); itor != pZCharacterManager->end(); ++itor)

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
I wanted to add something to my source inside that CODE, that's why I don't want to add a new function to call that CODE, I wanted to search from source-function that has that CODE and calling it every 500 miliseconds.. Just like the scoreboard, when player hold the Tab key, it call the pCharacters List and it PING Peer in every 3 seconds.
Code:
for (ZCharacterManager::iterator itor = pZCharacterManager->begin(); itor != pZCharacterManager->end(); ++itor)
{
pCharacter->GetStatus().CheckCrc();
pCharacter->GetStatus().Ref().nX += 1; //sample that I want to add inside the code
pCharacter->GetStatus().MakeCrc();
}
so that my runnable will run smoothly and will not call for pCharacters List more than twice in every 500 miliseconds or x.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Iterating through the characters map doesn't really require much processing power. Frankly, it's quite fast. It will probably not make a significant difference, if any, if you were to optimize it.

Upvote 0
Back