Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lobby Room List Position

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to find a way to move the room list in lobby from going left to right, to top to bottom,

im pretty sure its in zroomlist.cpp / h. i have messed with a tiny bit of it with no such luck,
does anyone else have any suggestions to help me out here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes i know its in there, but i dont think i make the list go down instead of sideways, it seems to be hard coded elsewhere, unless i just havnt messed with the coding enough to figure that out, thanks pain, you will make me go look again :)

Edit: yea there is nothing there that allows me to move the actual stagelist downward instead of side-ways, they got the coding for 1-6 buttons, and the stagelist itself, only gives 1 coding option for the first one, but no other coding to tell it where to go afterwards, unless im missing something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes i know its in there, but i dont think i make the list go down instead of sideways, it seems to be hard coded elsewhere, unless i just havnt messed with the coding enough to figure that out, thanks pain, you will make me go look again :)

Edit: yea there is nothing there that allows me to move the actual stagelist downward instead of side-ways, they got the coding for 1-6 buttons, and the stagelist itself, only gives 1 coding option for the first one, but no other coding to tell it where to go afterwards, unless im missing something?

You're correct. Unfortunately, this is as much help as I can be. :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
o well, i tried to be different, just seems its almost impossible to make the lobby look different, its no wonder all these servers still look the same after 10 + years..

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I haven't actually built anything to confirm, but looking at the source for ZRoomList, it looks like the parts you'll need to edit are here:

Code:
[b](line 79)[/b] int width  = (int)( m_iGapWidth + ( m_RoomWidth + m_iGapWidth*2 + m_iGapCenter ) * ( index%2 ) );
Code:
[b](line 314)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);
Code:
[b](line 337)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);

You'll probably have to edit the i%2 parts, and also edit the following lines for the height variable too.

It also looks like the variables width and height are actually the x/y coordinates of the room list box, rather than it's width and height. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I haven't actually built anything to confirm, but looking at the source for ZRoomList, it looks like the parts you'll need to edit are here:

Code:
[b](line 79)[/b] int width  = (int)( m_iGapWidth + ( m_RoomWidth + m_iGapWidth*2 + m_iGapCenter ) * ( index%2 ) );
Code:
[b](line 314)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);
Code:
[b](line 337)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);

You'll probably have to edit the i%2 parts, and also edit the following lines for the height variable too.

It also looks like the variables width and height are actually the x/y coordinates of the room list box, rather than it's width and height. I could be wrong though.

awesome! i appreciate that help, ill start messing with that tonight and see where i get, really appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Back