• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Lobby Room List Position

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to find a way to move the room list in lobby from going left to right, to top to bottom,

im pretty sure its in zroomlist.cpp / h. i have messed with a tiny bit of it with no such luck,
does anyone else have any suggestions to help me out here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes i know its in there, but i dont think i make the list go down instead of sideways, it seems to be hard coded elsewhere, unless i just havnt messed with the coding enough to figure that out, thanks pain, you will make me go look again :)

Edit: yea there is nothing there that allows me to move the actual stagelist downward instead of side-ways, they got the coding for 1-6 buttons, and the stagelist itself, only gives 1 coding option for the first one, but no other coding to tell it where to go afterwards, unless im missing something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes i know its in there, but i dont think i make the list go down instead of sideways, it seems to be hard coded elsewhere, unless i just havnt messed with the coding enough to figure that out, thanks pain, you will make me go look again :)

Edit: yea there is nothing there that allows me to move the actual stagelist downward instead of side-ways, they got the coding for 1-6 buttons, and the stagelist itself, only gives 1 coding option for the first one, but no other coding to tell it where to go afterwards, unless im missing something?

You're correct. Unfortunately, this is as much help as I can be. :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
o well, i tried to be different, just seems its almost impossible to make the lobby look different, its no wonder all these servers still look the same after 10 + years..

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I haven't actually built anything to confirm, but looking at the source for ZRoomList, it looks like the parts you'll need to edit are here:

Code:
[b](line 79)[/b] int width  = (int)( m_iGapWidth + ( m_RoomWidth + m_iGapWidth*2 + m_iGapCenter ) * ( index%2 ) );
Code:
[b](line 314)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);
Code:
[b](line 337)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);

You'll probably have to edit the i%2 parts, and also edit the following lines for the height variable too.

It also looks like the variables width and height are actually the x/y coordinates of the room list box, rather than it's width and height. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I haven't actually built anything to confirm, but looking at the source for ZRoomList, it looks like the parts you'll need to edit are here:

Code:
[b](line 79)[/b] int width  = (int)( m_iGapWidth + ( m_RoomWidth + m_iGapWidth*2 + m_iGapCenter ) * ( index%2 ) );
Code:
[b](line 314)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);
Code:
[b](line 337)[/b] int width = (int)((m_RoomWidth + ROOM_WIDTH)*(i%2)+ ROOM_WIDTH);

You'll probably have to edit the i%2 parts, and also edit the following lines for the height variable too.

It also looks like the variables width and height are actually the x/y coordinates of the room list box, rather than it's width and height. I could be wrong though.

awesome! i appreciate that help, ill start messing with that tonight and see where i get, really appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Back