Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NAT 999 ping only after finishing a game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

First of all, I wanted to mention that Refined GunZ more or less fixes the issue. However, if you don't want to use Refined GunZ:

In matchAgent.xml I changed both ips to my local ip instead of the public ip. I still get NAT but I haven't gotten 999 ping. I figured this out by looking at the Refined GunZ MatchAgent.xml found in the source.

---------------------

When I start the server a create a game, I can play 1 game perfectly fine with no NAT. When I finish the game and start another, I get 999 ping NAT.

Matchserver.ini
Code:
[SERVER]
MAXUSER=200
SERVERID=1
SERVERNAME="name"
SERVERPORT=6000
SERVERUDPPORT=7777
FREELOGINIP=""
KEEPERIP="wan"
DEBUGIP="127.0.0.1"
MONITORIP="wan"
MONITORPORT=9000
DEBUG="1"
MODE=Quest
COUNTRY="KOR"
LANGUAGE="KOR"
USETICKET="0"
GAMEGUARD="1"
;Survival Mode : 1 for enable, 0 for disable (works only when MODE=test)
SURVIVALENABLE="1"
;Daily request time for survival ranking list(hour:0~23, minute:0~59)
SURVIVALRANKING_DAILY_REQUEST_HOUR="5"
SURVIVALRANKING_DAILY_REQUEST_MINUTE="0"

locator.ini
Code:
[NETWORK]
IP="wan"
PORT="8900"

matchagent.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr"?>
<XML>
<AGENTCONFIG>
<NAME>name</NAME>
<MAXCLIENT>500</MAXCLIENT>
<MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="wan" tcpport="6000"/>
<ADDRESS ip="wan" tcpport="5100" udpport="7778"/>
</AGENTCONFIG>
</XML>

sql dbo.ServerStatus ip = wan

ports forwarded: 5100, 6000, 6005, 6011, 6100, 7700, 7777, 7778, 7800, 8900, 9000

I've set my PC as a static IP and opened DMZ host, same problem.

Last edited:
The Sky's the Limit ^_^
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the screenshot above - is port 7778 is not on there - and in the MatchAgent.xml it's listed as a UDP port?

The MatchAgent created message is fine, if it cannot connect to the MatchServer you will see an error popping up as it attempts to re-connect.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the screenshot above - is port 7778 is not on there - and in the MatchAgent.xml it's listed as a UDP port?

The MatchAgent created message is fine, if it cannot connect to the MatchServer you will see an error popping up as it attempts to re-connect.

Correct. How might I fix that?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The port issue? Log into your router and allow port 7778 UDP. Try going to and type port 7778 in to see if it's being blocked.
I have all the necessary ports forwarded. I know I'm forwarding properly because my Minecraft server only works after forwarding. Even after forwarding, the ports are blocked when I check on (look here). What could this mean? I called my ISP and they said they aren't blocking ports. I've enabled DMZ and still had NAT, which makes me think it's not a port issue.

The NAT issue is resolved with Hamachi. However, for obvious reasons, I don't want to use Hamachi and would like to get it working on my home network. I'm not exactly sure what it working with Hamachi entails for my home network.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I may have finally found a solution. First of all, I wanted to mention that Refined GunZ more or less fixes the issue. However, if you don't want to use Refined GunZ:

In matchAgent.xml I changed both ips to my local ip instead of the public ip. I still get NAT but I haven't gotten 999 ping. I figured this out by looking at the Refined GunZ MatchAgent.xml found in the source.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, according to my theory in the refined cade, is that you can not establish connection with the ip that have letters, I saw the case that the movistar telephone of Peru uses static ips, 162.154.223.5.movistar.com.pe, and the server can not establish a connection with it, but if you use router, tp-link x mark and this happens an ip dynamca and goodbye bug

you can open your network administrator and see that all the users with this error is saying with that ip presents error nat

I could explain a little more about this I finished checking the agent implemented the Matchserver and the ip takes it from the same config.ini and the ports if I do not know where he is taking them, since the xml that you say does not exist in the src, that is, the requirement of it

I still do not understand, if this class is self-filled only because I can not find the data
class MMatchAgent : public MObject {
protected:
char m_szIP[64] = {};
unsigned int m_nTCPPort = 0;
unsigned int m_nUDPPort = 0;
};

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm in your Discord.

I don't quite understand you. Search AgentConfig.xml in Refined source. It contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr"?>
<XML>
<AGENTCONFIG>
<NAME></NAME>
<MAXCLIENT></MAXCLIENT>
<ADDRESS ip="192.168.0.160" tcpport="5100" udpport="7778"/>
<MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="192.168.0.160" tcpport="6000"/>
</AGENTCONFIG>
</XML>

Using jur13n files, in MatchAgent.xml, I put my PC's local ip and it got rid of 999 ping. Still have NAT sometimes but as long as 999 ping is gone I'm fine for now. Though, I've only tested it only my laptop. I haven't tested on an outside connection yet.

Upvote 0
Back