Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[QUESTIONS] Multi-servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Is it possible to make a server with a single database run on different characteristics? For example, in the server selection screen I choose, let's say, server 1, which will run with a custom zitem.xml, and on server 2, I will have a server with no editing that will run with another zitem.xml.Is it possible to do this with the same client? Let's say that a Gunz X wants to apply this idea, how would it be? It's possible?Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Is it possible to make a server with a single database run on different characteristics? For example, in the server selection screen I choose, let's say, server 1, which will run with a custom zitem.xml, and on server 2, I will have a server with no editing that will run with another zitem.xml.Is it possible to do this with the same client? Let's say that a Gunz X wants to apply this idea, how would it be? It's possible?Thanks in advance.

you can use the same client and zitem containing all the items, the only thing that will differentiate one server from the other is the ServerID, so you can differentiate through the shop.xml of each server what will be showing inside the shop of the same

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
just make sure the database (IE locator) has it on the list keep zitem the same and shop.xml the same, SERVERID=1 and servername are
changed on match agent, and i think you need a diffrent agent running, very important to change the ports on both cant use the same ports as your first server.​

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just make sure the database (IE locator) has it on the list keep zitem the same and shop.xml the same, SERVERID=1 and servername are
changed on match agent, and i think you need a diffrent agent running, very important to change the ports on both cant use the same ports as your first server.​
they could use the same ports if you have multiple hosts and linked to the main host with the main server/database, I built a cluster to play around with and it seems to work fine

Also you could do so modify the source to load up a secondary zitem example zitem.xml zitem1.xml, then modify the source of your secondary server and tell it t load zitem1 instead of zitem, just some food for thought

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
tAlso you could do so modify the source to load up a secondary zitem example zitem.xml zitem1.xml, then modify the source of your secondary server and tell it t load zitem1 instead of zitem, just some food for thought

that would still need the data base to have both.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that would still need the data base to have both.

yes it would but yo can just make a secondary table and re direct it to load the new table and you do a remote connection to the main server that has the database I do it all the time with world of warcraft just make sure correct ports are forwarded and you have outside connections enabled

Upvote 0
Back