Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Questions about setting up server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been working for hours to get all this poop to work. I've read seemingly every tutorial and tried every client I can.

I've gotten the 2008 clean files and also the Jur13n Edit 1 files to work. The gunz servers work. However, they don't have any of the advertised features like room tags ([ia]). How do I get these features enabled? Also, they only seem to go up to 1600x1200 or 1080p resolution. I need up to 4k resolution.

What are the best gunz files to start with? What's the most updated and complete? I want a server that has all the items and maps ready to go.

Reaction score
First, don't get 2008 files, get the 1.5 server files and client, I'm not sure if the clean ones still available, but there are a lot still work with some features, like Jur13ns (I used his when I developed), also make sure you have the right database for the right server files for the right client, don't mix things up, unless you know how to edit them and have them matched accordingly (it will get you crazy if you do so), just get the proper ones together (lots of threads have them all), if you want some server files/ database / client, you can find in my thread I posted all the things I used when I was developing, link :
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gunz-materials-1096341/

though, the client I used isn't for public use, it's only for developing, it has a lot of features, that shouldn't be allowed for players to use in game, and not protected, but you can take them off (such as opening multiple runnables at once)
but it has roomtags (such as [IA]...etc)

also for each feature you want to add, you have a lot of releases/tutorials about them (made by great developers), and if you didn't find you can post here, you will always find someone to help you.
Best of luck :3

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Really good release, but will Gunz 2008/1.5 codes here in ragezone work in that source?
If your looking for a direct copy and paste, the answer is no. However the code base is very similar. I don't utilize any of the public sources available on RageZone, so I can't give any input on what source has what, but Jur1ns seems to be the most recommended.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a question for you, can you use CSS in the XML interfaces? I explain, add animations in CSS in the XML e read that it can be integrated into the XML CSS Stylos someone made it?

Upvote 0
Back