Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Regarding dual daggers (for coders only)

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not entirely sure if anyone has noticed this.

The animations for dual daggers DO exist. Look around in the files, the animations are 100% COMPLETE. The problem is that the client calls them incorrectly. I did some messing around in debug mode and set the dance, cry, wave, etc. animations to those of the dual dagger animations, equipped dual daggers, and used the emotions. They work PERFECTLY. The left and right jab, air attack, etc.

So, my question (or challenge, however you wanna think of it) is this: can anyone here fix the problem? The most I could manage was make it call the same 1 animation for every dual dagger animation, but couldn't get them completely working. But they DO exist and are in the files, simply being called incorrectly.

Post any workaround or solution you have in mind here, or contact me, I don't care either way. Just thought I would share this with everyone to see if anyone can get them working.

I just ask that if anyone fixes them, they share with the forum, or at least me. I'd like to have them working as well, and no one else said the animations exist. :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its practically impossible unless you have the sourcecode.

I'm going to take it as a worst case senario. We cant decompile the game into source as it was written in c/c++ so theres no way to rewrite or find (in a hex viewer) the correct line of code. Thats if it was a code problem.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its practically impossible unless you have the sourcecode.

I'm going to take it as a worst case senario. We cant decompile the game into source as it was written in c/c++ so theres no way to rewrite or find (in a hex viewer) the correct line of code. Thats if it was a code problem.

That's why I said coders and hackers, etc. I'm sure SOMEONE could do it. If I was able to make it call the same 1 animation over and over, I'm sure someone could make them call it correctly. You can do a lot of things if you know what you're doing.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Milz, your wrong, there isn't "NO WAY." If you know assembly well you can do anything really, so long as you understand whats happening. Anyways, what your saying is Gunz isn't calling the animations? Maybe the animations do not exist. If Gunz's function works to call others, than your either calling the wrong animation, or its non existant.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude. The animations exist for sure. Go ahead and set them to the emotions and use them with dual daggers equipped. The daggers will attack as if the animations were being used normally and not as emotions.

One of my friends took a look at it and found out they are being called incorrectly, and he was the one who got it to call the left jab for all of them, but he didn't know enough or wasn't good enough to make it call all of them correctly. But the animations exist for sure.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the clearification, Ill have to look through and see what I can do.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know they do excist if you jjust put x2 behind daggers mesh you get some animations too but not all.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lawl, the weapon type for its animation is test dagger?

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know they do excist if you jjust put x2 behind daggers mesh you get some animations too but not all.

Uh, that's why everyone thought they didn't exist, since you didn't get any attack animations. lol

And when you test it out, do like they're supposed to go. In weapon.xml use 2h dagger for weapon type and motion type, and in zitem.xml use dualdagger for weapon type.

Upvote 0
Back