Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

startup error

Reaction score
It seems seems not to be reading locale.xml and string.xml not really sure why. Compiled this client from the src. I checked the crc32 and there the same any ideas? Also it seems to be able to read system.mrs if its unpacked but I think I don't think its reading the mrs files correctly?
Code:
Cannot open system/locale.xml file.
Error!! - StringTable Initalize Failed
Cannot open (null) file.
Invalid Locale

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's actually set to read MEF files, but when confronted with a "system" directory, it reads from that instead. Let me guess, it crashes no matter what you do?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's actually set to read MEF files, but when confronted with a "system" directory, it reads from that instead. Let me guess, it crashes no matter what you do?

Yep haha but I'm pretty sure locale i'snt suppose to encrypted with mef if I'm not wrong, but I'll give it a try will edit after results.

Edit::
Nope doesn't work, idk if there's a issue with parsing xml files or opening mrs files or I'm just compiling wrong lmao I had fixed it before but idk what I did to to fix it cause the issue came back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
download the release of emisand which is the new pkey of ijji/korea then MEncypt -f it then copy PrivateKey.h then paste it to your Gunz Source then rebuild it.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Secured, did you manage to fix the problem?
I'm in the same boat, I somehow managed to fix it and then posting a release.
Now however, it seems that no matter what I edit or what steps I retrace (I even tried to start from scratch), I still get the same error.

Interesting thing to note, that even tho the code is PROBABLY the same as the one I made the release with, the released runnable is bigger by a few kb.
Also, I noticed linker warnings that do not appear now that the runnable is for some reason smaller.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You haven't removed MEF and CRC, or one of them. I actually had to ask a friend of mine to help me with this one, it's quite complicated, it isn't just removing += ".mef", it's way more complex.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Then I wonder how the heck I managed to do it. I didn't mess with anything beyond main.cpp

Upvote 0
Back