Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Technical question about replay files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was hoping that the MUID value from class ZCharacter in a replay file was the Character ID (CID), because that is what I am looking for. However, this MUID value seems to be different often for the same character in different replays.

Does a replay file contain Character IDs at all? I know that it contains Clan IDs (CLID), but I haven't been able to find character IDs so far.

Could someone please clarify what this MUID value of object ZCharacter refers to?

Thanks in advance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was hoping that the MUID value from class ZCharacter in a replay file was the Character ID (CID), because that is what I am looking for. However, this MUID value seems to be different often for the same character in different replays.

Does a replay file contain Character IDs at all? I know that it contains Clan IDs (CLID), but I haven't been able to find character IDs so far.

Could someone please clarify what this MUID value of object ZCharacter refers to?

Thanks in advance.

Each MUID structure contains two unsigned long, one high and one low(just one is used). This is to represent a 64 bit id.
It changes every login on the server and yes replay contains CLID number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Each MUID structure contains two unsigned long, one high and one low(just one is used). This is to represent a 64 bit id.
It changes every login on the server and yes replay contains CLID number.

Hey Adam thanks for your useful reply. I really appreciate it.

I was already afraid that this would be the case :*:

So do you think there is no way of retrieving a character id (CID) from a replay file?

Upvote 0
Back