Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do I test a map I created in gunz without opening a server

Reaction score
You can't test a map if you don't setup a server. (Unless you have a simulator or something similar)
You can open a quick local server for testing, which takes literally like 5 minutes.

Note: you still need to remove map limit and add the map to channelrule.xml / map.xml in both client and server files, but still this takes like a minute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
z = v / c
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
It's been years since I've done anything with Gunz developing so my memory isn't the greatest, but wasn't there an offline client or vanilla debug client or something like that you could download and use to test things in? I thought I remember that's what I would always use to test my maps and things out in.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's been years since I've done anything with Gunz developing so my memory isn't the greatest, but wasn't there an offline client or vanilla debug client or something like that you could download and use to test things in? I thought I remember that's what I would always use to test my maps and things out in.

I am not entirely sure, but I remember there was a built-in simulator in GTK where you could test the maps. (again I am not completely sure)
However, it's always best if he just sets up a local test server, it takes seconds if he has the files, and adding the map takes even less.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Client Debug with GunzLoader and GMD i have this files but with virus.. i needed that clean of virus..
Does anyone have a clean download to identify?
thanks..

Well, I never used that before, so I won't be much of help here.
But seriously, why are you waiting for people to give you this, when you literally could just open a test server.
With all that time you spent on this thread you could've opened 10 test servers by now

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I never used that before, so I won't be much of help here.
But seriously, why are you waiting for people to give you this, when you literally could just open a test server.
With all that time you spent on this thread you could've opened 10 test servers by now

your developer gunz?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just launch gunz w parameters, something like :

I think it is not necessary to add the map in map.xml
Code:
C:\YourGunz\Location\Gunz.exe /game "mansion"
GDNdC7s - How do I test a map I created in gunz without opening a server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Just launch gunz w parameters, something like :

I think it is not necessary to add the map in map.xml
Code:
C:\YourGunz\Location\Gunz.exe /game "mansion"
GDNdC7s - How do I test a map I created in gunz without opening a server - RaGEZONE Forums

Well, I guess he could that. But he probably needs to add the map to the Maps folder.
Also, he needs to edit the source to let the executable run without the launcher. (it wouldn't work without doing this)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back