Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Unmask GM

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of all, whats the code for GM and how can the GM's name be showed unmasked?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to edit the runable in asm for that. Wizkid knows how :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, whats the code for GM and how can the GM's name be showed unmasked?

Gunz uses multiple functions for covering the name up actually. Like: ZCharacter::IsAdminName and more.

Just take a look at theduel.exe / gunz.exe in ollydbg and see when an admin is in the lobby and look to see when it uses strings.xml to produce the Administrator or Developer strings to replace/mask the current user/character name, once you have it simply stop the whole function from actually happening.

You need to edit the runable in asm for that. Wizkid knows how :)

By the way, runnables are just something with the serialkey taken out so that you can run it by double clicking, so if bounty opens it with a GunzLauncher, it is not a runnable ;)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
After looking at gunzold, Im just going to take a guess at this
GunzOld:
Code:
46A590: ZCharacter::IsAdminName (8B 81 4E 04 00 00 3D FE 00 00 00 74 0A 3D FF )

GunzNew:
Code:
473920: ZCharacter::IsAdminName (8B 81 5A 04 00 00 3D FE 00 00 00 74 0A 3D FF )

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Then how do u like umm... UGrade 254...... like instead GameMaster/Developer how about the player's name in orange? :D

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After looking at gunzold, Im just going to take a guess at this
GunzOld:
Code:
46A590: ZCharacter::IsAdminName (8B 81 4E 04 00 00 3D FE 00 00 00 74 0A 3D FF )
GunzNew:
Code:
473920: ZCharacter::IsAdminName (8B 81 5A 04 00 00 3D FE 00 00 00 74 0A 3D FF )

Just look where Gunz outputs his staffnames. For example: ASCII "%s %s" and ASCII "--". Same counts for the teamchat. Go there and look where it puts the string over it, then edit it to the current charname or just simple NOP it. It depends on where it's used.

Then how do u like umm... UGrade 254...... like instead GameMaster/Developer how about the player's name in orange? :D

There is a function in Gunz that puts the color over the staffnames. It puts the same color over the 254 and 255 one, but different from eachother. So you can easily edit the color. And if you've seen how the colors work, you can create new UGradeID's easily.

The hardest part will be the function that puts the string over the staffname to show up in the TAB scorelist and above your head in TDM and such. And the admin_wall will need a function that sends the charname in front of the message.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just look where Gunz outputs his staffnames. For example: ASCII "%s %s" and ASCII "--". Same counts for the teamchat. Go there and look where it puts the string over it, then edit it to the current charname or just simple NOP it. It depends on where it's used.

There is a function in Gunz that puts the color over the staffnames. It puts the same color over the 254 and 255 one, but different from eachother. So you can easily edit the color. And if you've seen how the colors work, you can create new UGradeID's easily.

The hardest part will be the function that puts the string over the staffname to show up in the TAB scorelist and above your head in TDM and such. And the admin_wall will need a function that sends the charname in front of the message.

That sounds somewhat similar to what i just said in a post, hmm =/

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That sounds somewhat similar to what i just said in a post, hmm =/

Possible, I just woke up, I didn't read everything.

Btw, about that IsAdminName, that function is just there to let the 254 and 255 grade show up as Administrator in the TAB list and such. It puts the string over it at another place. Me, myself and I added the 252 grade to this function so the 252 grade shows up as Administrator too. (After you've edited the other function to color it, etc.)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont know if its help but :

Account Grades
Administrator - 255
Developer - 254
Banned - 253
Administrator (with normal name) - 252
Jjang - 2 (event winner)
Normal User - 0

----if i helped click Thx----