Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone wanna make a new gunz from ground up?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah like title said, I want to put together team for a project to make a new community build gunz . I have no coding skills and currently self studying blender 3D. Lmk
Can look at my Instagram for reference mouse_forge

Last edited:
Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Yeah like title said, I want to put together team for a project to make a new community build gunz . I have no coding skills and currently self studying blender 3D. Lmk
Can look at my Instagram for reference mouse_forge

if you interesting to recreated GunZ at Unreal Engine 4 i can help you contact me at my phone (Whatsapp) and before i send you my phone number to private i need to know if you serious about this project and if you interesting and you can invest your time in it ? and the reason i am not using skype it's personal and i prefer to save this reason for myself

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am very interested and serious about this project, I do have a day job so my estimate time investment is going to be about 24 hours a week.
I do understand everyone have their reasons, this project would be my step goal to a actually work in the industries or just be professional.
what other better way to learn than just jump right in with a project and goal in mind right? I am all around interested in any design aspect, so I would be passionate from weapons to character hair and to level design.
So give it a good thought and let me know if you think this could work.
ohhh also my skill is limited right now but growing I jumped from box art to sculpting and got better results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C:\User\Secondary\Desktop
Reaction score
Nah i guess recreating is not perfect, real engine for gunz is little bit laggy will looks like "GunZ 2" slow dashes is that what you want?
- Download: GunZ 1.5 Source and rebuild them put new graphics and done... :love:

Upvote 0
Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Started from the bottom and now i'm here

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For gunz to be able to revive again I do not think that it is necessary to change graphic engine, the thing is that gunz requires people who are really interested and with knowledge of programming that can implement new systems of events.

Boxes with random items.
System of rarities.
Implementation of effects in swf format for the interface.
and much more.

and all that requires a programmer who really likes to rescue what is already dead.

Gunz the duel to be able to rescue it, it is not necessary to carry it to a new graphic engine, you simply have to implement what is nowadays fashion and what is new to gunz with programming and dedication. and you will see how people are again involved in the game.

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Nah i guess recreating is not perfect, real engine for gunz is little bit laggy will looks like "GunZ 2" slow dashes is that what you want?
- Download: GunZ 1.5 Source and rebuild them put new graphics and done... :love:

while JerryTheMouse
Creating me models for the game , I create the game with a bit different gameplay , I don't sure what is it dbf
but If it's animation this in not related to the engine the idea I offer to him is to create alternative gameplay from the original game you know, using the old system old character will be nothing.

P.S

Remember that gunz 2 nothing different except new character map and animation's that all what changed
this is just engine upgrade from RealSpace 2 to RealSpace 3 the only thing they add is amazing character and new animations nothing useful at all

Started from the bottom and now i'm here

you always can help

For gunz to be able to revive again I do not think that it is necessary to change graphic engine, the thing is that gunz requires people who are really interested and with knowledge of programming that can implement new systems of events.

Boxes with random items.
System of rarities.
Implementation of effects in swf format for the interface.
and much more.

and all that requires a programmer who really likes to rescue what is already dead.

Gunz the duel to be able to rescue it, it is not necessary to carry it to a new graphic engine, you simply have to implement what is nowadays fashion and what is new to gunz with programming and dedication. and you will see how people are again involved in the game.

I think you didn't understand the reason of opening this topic look around the forum peoples start to give up they even post they source

start to understand that gunz the first duel is a dead game maybe small group of players play on it

check the network today since unreal engine 4 or unity5 peoples do remake for an old dead games to revive them
but in alternative way. give this project a chance how fast you can say if I didn't posted any screenshot of the project or if models photo also not posted the project started only yesterday.

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Little Update:

i am now building voices,

Girl , Boy. the girl stuff will be hard because i don't have heavy voice to process the pitch in my software, so anybody can advice me what audio software can do the progress for the best result?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Neliel Tu DBF = double butterfly referring, a butterfly is dash jump LMB shift dash. It what made the game so unique and hard to master. Double butterfly is able to LMB shift twice before you hit the ground from one jump.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Neliel Tu it seems you don't know much about gunz gameplay.
What made gunz gunz is the game engine where some animations could be canceled leading to the "K-Style" techniques mixing original intended game movements with animation cancelation.
It is not impossible to replicate in UE or any other engine, but it will require good programming experience and deep understanding of original gunz 1 code.

As an example I think it would be very hard to replicate the movement called "IF" (video bellow).

@Neliel Tu / @JerryTheMouse
BTW I'd like to know what kind of work you do with UE4 / Blender

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
@Neliel Tu it seems you don't know much about gunz gameplay.
What made gunz gunz is the game engine where some animations could be canceled leading to the "K-Style" techniques mixing original intended game movements with animation cancelation.
It is not impossible to replicate in UE or any other engine, but it will require good programming experience and deep understanding of original gunz 1 code.

As an example I think it would be very hard to replicate the movement called "IF" (video bellow).

@Neliel Tu / @JerryTheMouse
BTW I'd like to know what kind of work you do with UE4 / Blender
I dont know if your read what i say i going to change the gunz gameplay many of the game system wii be changed there be customize charecters in many indie game as you know tera blade and soul bless online such this function called moduler pawn that this project will support and i will import some more good and useful systems for players. there is a rason why i still didnt give this project any title

We both know this thing cant be import to ue4 but improve it as a new one will good movement

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Recreating the animations of Gunz as the cancellation of an animated action is not at all difficult and less with Unreal Engine 4, it can be reconstructed as if it were a kind of combo as well as the fighting games and more than UE4 has the possibility to use IK (Cinematic reverse) to achieve that. what really complex to take to Gunz to a new graphic engine is to reprogram the Online + Attach Mesh Multiple Sets between the Lobby and to take reference of each part of the code itself.

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Recreating the animations of Gunz as the cancellation of an animated action is not at all difficult and less with Unreal Engine 4, it can be reconstructed as if it were a kind of combo as well as the fighting games and more than UE4 has the possibility to use IK (Cinematic reverse) to achieve that. what really complex to take to Gunz to a new graphic engine is to reprogram the Online + Attach Mesh Multiple Sets between the Lobby and to take reference of each part of the code itself.

You belive i can do that all i need is animators and voice actor
Game object i can do alone my problem is modelling characters and animation the rest i can do alone

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am really sorry Neliel Tu if there is no K-style or any other style in the game, I am afraid I have to withdraw from the project. The only reason I really want to do this is so I can play the GunZ that every fan of the original deserved.:$:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there Neliel, do you have any completed work with UE4? With a bit of research I found out that you can export the models and textures from UE4.

I have a long time experience with mmo development and directx graphics, am currently graduating at federal university in my country and I am very passionate into bringing this game to life seeing that it has so much potential compared to nowadays 1st person shooters. I believe that bringing gunz to nowadays graphics and player needs will be very rewarding work. Is there any way I can contact you either than whatsapp?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@grandao I an basically an amateur that started this year, I want to work on an passion project to learn ins and outs, that is why I picked GunZ. I am amature but I am very clear of what I need to learn, animation, rig, textures, lightning, concepts. Basically to be an generalist.

Upvote 0
Back