• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

So.... What's new

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't bash, don't talk crap. We're not starting a flame war.
Good to be back (maybe). Yes, I am PenguinGuy. When that one bill in the USA passed, I just went incognito for a bit. Don't remember my password, if my account is still here lol.

So, what's been happening? I don't have a lot of time to browse. I still actively program, but I do automotive work now for a living so I'm not going through pages of these forums. But I'm considering to start back in GunZ, depending on if anyone actually still plays this game. If not, I'm off to RaiderZ. Has GunZ 2 had anything exciting done? Is MAIET still here? I remember reading that MAIET went down under for the failure of GunZ 2 but didn't see much after that.

Hiiiiii Phoenix, Arcelor (?), Solaire, ThePhailure772, Dawson (you fucker, hit me up).

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
MAIET is gone (literally). GunZ 2 is dead. Certain people of an unnamed server are/were DDoSing other servers 24/7 so people will come to their server.
The usual.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
MAIET is gone (literally). GunZ 2 is dead. Certain people of an unnamed server are/were DDoSing other servers 24/7 so people will come to their server.
The usual.

Literally? Nope.
MasangSoft obtained the rights and launched a

About DDoS attacks. The attacks continue to date.

PS: Welcome back.

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Literally? Nope.
MasangSoft obtained the rights and launched a

About DDoS attacks. The attacks continue to date.

PS: Welcome back.

Yes, but MAIET, the company itself, is literally gone.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good to see a well know guy back, gl with innovating gunz or raiderz. There is alot work to do if it comes to raiderz. Honesty gunz under the hands of MasangSoft is a good thing they are very active with developing gunz.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want to contribute with some code I advise you to start here , it is really clean & quality code (credits to Keristrasza), support gunz 2 maps and others well implemented features.

Upvote 0
Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
Hey PenguinGuy! Been a while since I saw you around these parts. I've been working on a RaiderZ server, and my irl job. It's good to see you.

If you're ever interested in getting into GunZ development again you should definitely check out grandao's link.

In terms of server work, FreeStyle pretty much accepts most of the old GunZ development crew by default and it's the only English-speaking server left at around 200-400 CCU. Masangsoft has a Korean version with a fairly low CCU, and GunZ Ultra has a pretty low Portugal CCU count as well.

Generally speaking, GunZ is dead in the US/EU/AU areas, and is not worth developing for unless you are a hobbyist. If you're ever interested in jumping into RaiderZ, I have been working to get the latest NA client working in my spare time over my days off from work.

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
RaiderZ is a nice game to transition to from GunZ as well. I still dabble in making graphics and models for it every once in awhile. The GunZ community itself is dwindling pretty steadily, which is sad seeing it was the reason for me getting into game design in the first place.

Nice to see a familiar face though.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
WOW I have no idea why I came to check these forums again, it took me a while to remember my account password hahaha XD
but hello, I saw this thread and thought of saying hi :p , look almost all gunz legends replied here...
hello guys <3

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Most things worth saying are said above. GunZ is dead. DarkGunZ recently shut down. One of the oldest servers. (since 06 I believe).
For me it's really sad seeing stuff like this happen. I lost interest in playing gunz several years ago but always stayed around for development and the community. (People always say the GunZ community is toxic yet I've made a lot of friends)

GunZ is not suitable for new players, and oldgens are losing interest (don't blame them, you can only play a game for so long hahah) So I'd focus on something else if I were you ;d

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ahoy.

Script kiddies still running wild acting like high-end programmers; DDoS'ers against DDoS'ers acting like saints after starting childish wars for envy, money, or player count; Euro Gunz still with the highest player count and that won't change anytime soon, on the contrary, as other servers are losing players, Euro is gaining them; most pservers are still being lead by randoms who only care about profit while spitting on their players; same old, same old, same old...

The only thing that actually changed is that the Gunz community lost approx. 3000 players and 30 programmers. Most of the old school devs are still around though, you can find them here or on GZP. and I was told that 2 of them sent you a private message here on RZ :]
Although nowadays some of them go by with different names to avoid being bothered, they still work on Gunz every now and then, Sulfin is a good example - despite his obsession with Second Life, he helped me rebuild DR back in 2014 after I got rid of kolie - and you know Sulf, he doesn't join anything with randoms who only care about cash - even in DR when we were working together and peaked to 500 players back in 2009/2010, he was only around while kolie was on one of his 'months away' phase, because when kolie came back in late 2010, he shoved out the entire development team I had gathered, Sulfin included.

Now, about the future, some of the most known and respected individuals who have lead some of the most successful Gunz pservers and communities are thinking about a merge for a greater good, but only those who do not care about money, so if you're interested, just holla at me or any of my colleagues, or even to the guys who messaged you.

A Mirage is always welcome, and we're not desperate for developers, so you won't be working with DDoS'ers, raging lunatics, spoiled brats, power abusers, ego freaks, profit whores, or any kind of the usual poop. You won't be working for anyone either, you will be working with us, as a colleague, not as a lackey or subordinate, since that's the way we've always lead all the staff teams that crossed our paths.

Otherwise, if you're looking to be on a payroll and work on your own with Gunz, well, I'm sure you know where to go.

With all of the above said, I hope you're okay.
Regards.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still the same oldfag who always speaks the truth about everything and who couldn't care less about what the 'pretty boys' think or if their feelings get hurt.
And MAIET failed miserably with Gunz2, the only good thing was Quest, but the game was not only overrun by hackers, it was also poorly handled by the companies that hosted it...K-Style was also gone, so, you get the pic...
DR was the only network that had an open Gunz2 pserver, but it was a very raw source, we ended up dropping it although it was a great landmark for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't bash, don't talk crap. We're not starting a flame war.
Good to be back (maybe). Yes, I am PenguinGuy. When that one bill in the USA passed, I just went incognito for a bit. Don't remember my password, if my account is still here lol.

So, what's been happening? I don't have a lot of time to browse. I still actively program, but I do automotive work now for a living so I'm not going through pages of these forums. But I'm considering to start back in GunZ, depending on if anyone actually still plays this game. If not, I'm off to RaiderZ. Has GunZ 2 had anything exciting done? Is MAIET still here? I remember reading that MAIET went down under for the failure of GunZ 2 but didn't see much after that.

Hiiiiii Phoenix, Arcelor (?), Solaire, ThePhailure772, Dawson (you fucker, hit me up).

Yo, hit me up man. Send me a PM with something. Skype, e-mail, Steam, anything.

Edit 1 --
Why is there a (?) after my name? duck you.

Edit 2 --
Glad you went from living in trailers to fixing them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A lot has happened in these close to 3 months, will not go into detail but I should have more time now.

Hey PenguinGuy! Been a while since I saw you around these parts. I've been working on a RaiderZ server, and my irl job. It's good to see you.

If you're ever interested in getting into GunZ development again you should definitely check out grandao's link.

In terms of server work, FreeStyle pretty much accepts most of the old GunZ development crew by default and it's the only English-speaking server left at around 200-400 CCU. Masangsoft has a Korean version with a fairly low CCU, and GunZ Ultra has a pretty low Portugal CCU count as well.

Generally speaking, GunZ is dead in the US/EU/AU areas, and is not worth developing for unless you are a hobbyist. If you're ever interested in jumping into RaiderZ, I have been working to get the latest NA client working in my spare time over my days off from work.

Secrets, surprised to see you actually. RaiderZ always interested me, not sure why I never pursued it but I'd love to chat and see what kind of things you've been creating!

Ahoy.

Script kiddies still running wild acting like high-end programmers; DDoS'ers against DDoS'ers acting like saints after starting childish wars for envy, money, or player count; Euro Gunz still with the highest player count and that won't change anytime soon, on the contrary, as other servers are losing players, Euro is gaining them; most pservers are still being lead by randoms who only care about profit while spitting on their players; same old, same old, same old...

The only thing that actually changed is that the Gunz community lost approx. 3000 players and 30 programmers. Most of the old school devs are still around though, you can find them here or on GZP. and I was told that 2 of them sent you a private message here on RZ :]
Although nowadays some of them go by with different names to avoid being bothered, they still work on Gunz every now and then, Sulfin is a good example - despite his obsession with Second Life, he helped me rebuild DR back in 2014 after I got rid of kolie - and you know Sulf, he doesn't join anything with randoms who only care about cash - even in DR when we were working together and peaked to 500 players back in 2009/2010, he was only around while kolie was on one of his 'months away' phase, because when kolie came back in late 2010, he shoved out the entire development team I had gathered, Sulfin included.

Now, about the future, some of the most known and respected individuals who have lead some of the most successful Gunz pservers and communities are thinking about a merge for a greater good, but only those who do not care about money, so if you're interested, just holla at me or any of my colleagues, or even to the guys who messaged you.

A Mirage is always welcome, and we're not desperate for developers, so you won't be working with DDoS'ers, raging lunatics, spoiled brats, power abusers, ego freaks, profit whores, or any kind of the usual poop. You won't be working for anyone either, you will be working with us, as a colleague, not as a lackey or subordinate, since that's the way we've always lead all the staff teams that crossed our paths.

Otherwise, if you're looking to be on a payroll and work on your own with Gunz, well, I'm sure you know where to go.

With all of the above said, I hope you're okay.
Regards.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still the same oldfag who always speaks the truth about everything and who couldn't care less about what the 'pretty boys' think or if their feelings get hurt.
And MAIET failed miserably with Gunz2, the only good thing was Quest, but the game was not only overrun by hackers, it was also poorly handled by the companies that hosted it...K-Style was also gone, so, you get the pic...
DR was the only network that had an open Gunz2 pserver, but it was a very raw source, we ended up dropping it although it was a great landmark for us.

Neo, never had the chance to ever talked to you but I've always loved seeing your work. Very nice of you to chime in! A bit surprised to hear Sulfin was back in a few years ago, thought he just vanished, like Dagan lol.
I do pretty good for myself financially, I'm not looking for any sort of monetary gain from developing. I've been needing another hobby, and did always enjoy doing this, so I figured why not.
As for why I want player base, well, I have enough of a portfolio, and really don't have much inspiration to just have another project sitting on my hard drive. I'd like to see work come to life where others can enjoy it.

Yo, hit me up man. Send me a PM with something. Skype, e-mail, Steam, anything.

Edit 1 --
Why is there a (?) after my name? duck you.

Edit 2 --
Glad you went from living in trailers to fixing them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I forgot how to spell your name, lol. But I'll set something up and give a shout.
Oh, and I never knew a '72 Ford Mustang with a 351 cleveland, stroked to a 401 with 10:1 compression and dish dome pistons and a 373 rear diff gears is a trailer. Like the one in my garage. I just had to gloat, sorry, I freakin' love my car. Can't wait until I get the engine back together.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like the idea of RaiderZ, but I think I may go with GunZ 2. Just like every other guy, I'd like to poke in some virgin.... files. So if anyone has some fresh files, please let me know.
ThePhailure772 Dang Jacob, are you referring to Bitcoins and such? Are you actually making anything off that? I've always read that hosting your own dataminer really is a waste of time.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I like the idea of RaiderZ, but I think I may go with GunZ 2. Just like every other guy, I'd like to poke in some virgin.... files. So if anyone has some fresh files, please let me know.
ThePhailure772 Dang Jacob, are you referring to Bitcoins and such? Are you actually making anything off that? I've always read that hosting your own dataminer really is a waste of time.

Bitcoins are useless?
Im thinking if I try that?

Upvote 0
Back