Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]Add More Dungeons

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
hi well its been a longtime of a release so here I am to bring some =D
Some of you may have fig'd out how to do this an if so :p now everyone does..

So everyone wants to know how to add a custom dungeon, well 'Custom' is not strictly true but I have the know how to add copy dungeon..
This worked on my KalGods server known as 'n00b Dungeon' an I will release the files here for the texures which is why I posted in releases an not guides.

Step1.
Get yourself a copy of Red3lzrr's Kalonline Maps a cord finder app.
Download here:

Step2.
Pick where your dungeon will sit in the dungeon maps.
Open the Kalonline Maps app an click view dungeon map this will show you rows of dungeons, now the trick is find a free map. now if you using D1 map it uses 2 maps 1 on top of the other so you will need to find 2 maps like this free.. see below.

ToXiC L33T - [Release]Add More Dungeons - RaGEZONE Forums

The red box is the old 1 hall D1 an for this release I will be working with these files :closedeyes:
now the idea is to take these maps an mirror them on 2 free spaces in the grid above
Get your X,Y for both maps you have picked to place your new dungeon, in my case i used:
6,6 7,6

add these to your server like so:
Code:
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (xy 6 6) (filename "n_006_006.ksm"))
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (xy 6 7) (filename "n_006_007.ksm"))

(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (xy 7 6) (filename "n_007_006.ksm"))
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (xy 7 7) (filename "n_007_007.ksm"))

Now I know im using 4 x,y's here but I just copied the D1 from INT an they using 4 so i duno :S
You need to make your .ksm too for the maps in the index 5 (I just copied the D1 ksm's an renamed them to my x,y). You can use any index as long as its not listed in the current map list you got open, 5 was the next free index so i used it.
once your done save an run server to test your indexs & ksm's :)

Step3.
Editing the client pk.
with your pk editor open config.pk an goto macro.dat scroll down to the maps an add your dungeon indexs an the dungeon files.
NOTE: you cant make new dungeon files.. well i cant lol maybe someone can but everytime I tried to make a custom folder an copied the dungeon maps into it ingame it was just black an no GBs loaded.
So you can only mirror dungons I.E. make a mirror of D1 or D2 or maybe floors I never tried floors :)

Anyway for this release I used old D1 so I pointed my index to folder 'tomb_01'
Code:
;Newbie Dungeon
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (fog 8000 0.77 0.77 0.77 ) (xy 6 6) (orgPatch 6 6) (mapname "tomb_01"))
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (fog 8000 0.77 0.77 0.77 ) (xy 6 7) (orgPatch 6 6) (mapname "tomb_01"))
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (fog 8000 0.77 0.77 0.77 ) (xy 7 6) (orgPatch 6 6) (mapname "tomb_01"))
(initmap (index 5) (kind 1) (fog 8000 0.77 0.77 0.77 ) (xy 7 7) (orgPatch 6 6) (mapname "tomb_01"))

NOTE: you wont need to make a mini map for this as the folder 'tomb_01' has a working mini map so if you call this folder the mini map for it will load on any dungeon :)
Save your work an make your pk an added to your client.

Step4.
Getting your cords
Ok in the Kalonline Maps app find your x,y map now imagen your D1 in the free map space an try to find an area where you know a room sits.. sometimes this takes a couple of trys but you will get there..
when you think you found the right area right click an get cords then paste them in notepad.
run game an port to them cords (/move2 5 cordx,cordy)
/move2 index cords

you should port to your custom dungeon :)
if you using my codes in this release here are the cords for the dungeon:
5 50455 50488

Enjoy I know this is tricky but i wont support this post.. it works an i proved it in KalGods.
My custom textures for old D1 there pritty sweet:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Thanks for writing a guide on my request xD

well you not the only request :eek:tt1:.. So i made it public cos the Pserver projects are all the same now, pritty much old an outdated..
There is no better or best server an I feel its better to share as we learnt from what we see here.. Everyone starts kal not knowning much an becomes good mainly from others work or apps released here so its good to give back..
anyways enjoy..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thanks for your share.. btw does anyone know how to create new dungeons, not just copy old ones ... Because as max said, if I try to create new one( I rename all files and everything ) but all I got is black screen.

Reaction score
I think its something like how you rename/hex the kcm files but dungeon maps are .map an not .kcm I could never get a custom working but I dont see why you cant use single floors from D3/4 an make a mixed dugeon from both or use 1 floor as a single dungeon.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:( max can you upload the serverside/map ksm files please, it works for me but if the 2th dungeon work , the normall dungeon I disappear :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant get the mobs spownd in room 1 <,<
(genmonster (index 34) (map 0) (area 3006) (max 8) (cycle 0) (rect 1612 1603 1626 1588))

(not sure i my rect is correct though i used the tool)
can some 1 release mo spowns of that dungeon u gave as exaple or can some 1 find my mistake :D <3

Reaction score
change your (map 0) to the index dungeon lol
0 = outside

If you used the guide an the codes from here then use (map 5)

Code:
(genmonster (index 34) (map 5) (area 3006) (max 8) (cycle 0) (rect 1612 1603 1626 1588))

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
still doesnt work, i think i messed up the coordinates but i used that program :S take a corner of the room and the oposite corner coordinates right?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
heya,sorry for reviving old thread,but maybe some1 got kal gods serverfiles? or any idea how to edit the ksm files for this dungeon? ty in advance ;p

[edit] i got it thanks

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's sensitive information we're talking about here RevEngKal.

Yui

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well.. he got it, its not like he made it himself. So its an even more sensitive information, since not everybody is able to make it!

Back