Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Added weapons purple ingame

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong, the weapons I add into game have the correct model stats all that but the colour in game is bright purple.

Is there something Im missing which is causing it to happen? I have put Texture in weapons tex

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If something in game is purple/pink it mean that its missing texture file in Tex folder...
So in your case you are missing texture files for this weapons that are purple/pink in folder ...data/Item/Weapon/Tex

So check with hexeditor what texture files you need for that weapons.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If something in game is purple/pink it mean that its missing texture file in Tex folder...
So in your case you are missing texture files for this weapons that are purple/pink in folder ...data/Item/Weapon/Tex

So check with hexeditor what texture files you need for that weapons.

I have added the texture that came with the pack into weapon/tex, how do you check with Hex to see what weapon tex it needs? Currently they are named the same as the action ID eg PS_58_02.gb in weapons and PS_58_02.gtx in weapon/tex

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open your weapon (PS_58_02.gb) in any hex editor (like HXD) and scroll down to the bottom and you will see something like this ....

Example:
............................PB_S35_01.gb..Cylinder.PB_S35_01.gtx..ÌÌÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ...?....................

so PB_S35_01.gtx is texture file

Some gb files have more then one texture files, so you need to copy all of them.

And texture files can be .gtx .dds .png

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open your weapon (PS_58_02.gb) in any hex editor (like HXD) and scroll down to the bottom and you will see something like this ....

Example:
............................PB_S35_01.gb..Cylinder.PB_S35_01.gtx..ÌÌÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ...?....................

so PB_S35_01.gtx is texture file

Some gb files have more then one texture files, so you need to copy all of them.

And texture files can be .gtx .dds .png

I checked with HXD the gb files have the correct tex added. Tex files are also ok I opened them with gimp to make sure they were correct. It just doesnt load them. I tried with with 5 different weapons, all come as pink. I must be retarted lol thanks for helping zecomir

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want just upload weapons and texture files and I will check/test them for you.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i had the same prob with a retextured weapon, he didn't loaded the gtx files. so i renamed everything to the original weapon file name

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want just upload weapons and texture files and I will check/test them for you.

I have used different item indexes and names but I believe nothing else should be affected. I have not changed any of these files this is the original download

Placed the .gb file into the weapons folder and .png into the weapon/tex that should be all it takes

I figured it out, was as simple as renaming the Hex Editor to the correct file type... they were saved at gtx but was looking for png. Completely amatuer mistake

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back