Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

autopick system for old clients

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone knows if its able to make a autopick or pet pick system on old client ( the 3 chr client) , and how to make it if its possible

or if there is already an addon released for it

( please dont judge me for making server with old files i like it that way )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Everything is possible,
there are several ways of doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you want old client btw? there is 2016 engine with sources realeased, with old client you will need to have a better protection, will need to work way more, will find a lot of old bugs, it gonna make your life too hard, just take the 2016 and work in it.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, it's Kalonline, no matter which engine you use, it's full of bugs.
That's the result of building a game out of multiple leaked source code and filling in the gaps with your own code.
But yes, the old engine lacks many features, which is why you crack / use a newer version and emulate the missing server-side features for the engine.
Less work, IF the stuff InixSoft is adding nowadays is what you are looking for ^^

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed , still many bugs, but older engine have way more, also more ugly tho.
And 2016 have sources, it might help you later.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything is possible,
there are several ways of doing it.

do u know any way how i can do it , ( i need to know how the auto pet pick system work so i can work on it )

Why do you want old client btw? there is 2016 engine with sources realeased, with old client you will need to have a better protection, will need to work way more, will find a lot of old bugs, it gonna make your life too hard, just take the 2016 and work in it.
Cheers.
as i said before mate , dont judge me for using old client , i got 2 servers already one with 2016 files , (but i bought this one) and old client server its done and already running , but i want to add autopick so thats why i ask

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
do u know any way how i can do it , ( i need to know how the auto pet pick system work so i can work on it )
yes, as I said above there are several ways of accomplishing it.
You could filter the packet traffic (client side) and Execute PickupItem once your conditions are met.

You could rewrite (server side)
CInitMonster::DropItem(CMonster *, BOOL, int, int, DWORD);
CInitMonster::DropItemEx(...);
add some checks if conditions are met, insert item to player inventory instead of droping it on the ground.

You could come up with some sort of overkill logic to handle everything with your own code instead of hooking.

i suggest you make use of DropItem/DropItemEx
simply add some checks (equipped item or anything you want)
>> if something gets droped and player has pet equipped
>> check if the player is inside a party
>> if yes use the CParty functions and give the item to a random player
>> else insert to player inventory.

however clientside packettraffic check is the most simple method which doesn't required a whole lot of code and siutes your needs, i guess.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
use this for now it will be much easier for you <3, this is a picker pet Addon for OLD ENGINE.
Credits are for @midobahr I think so.

Link :

Kind Regards,
ItsTaP

Upvote 0
Back