Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Damage Overflow? Just me?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I have been scratching my head with this problem for a while and have searched the forums to no avail.
Anyway the problem i am having is mainly with higher damaging skills that do over 65k damage
example : Spin Slash , Archer 3rd job skills when crit (basically anything that does higher damage then ~65k) will show on client as low damages but on the final hit to the monster it will show insane amount of damage on last hit.

I have had mixed results when asking friends and other server owners, some say they dont have it but some do.

I just want to find out what is the cause of this and if it can be fixed (if so how?)

I thought it was engine.exe problem but i have tried other engine.exe still getting the same problem? is it server side (i highly doubt it being serverside as i think the damage does register, hence the high damage on last hit)

If someone would be kind enough to help me on this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Yui

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I cant help you much but I can add that if the monster has DoTs the damage is showed correctly again. ^^

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, surprising how this isn't much of an issue or can't find much about it on the forum.

How do other servers overcome this with 3rd and even 4th job damages?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Monster hp is 65k+.
Open your server files/configs/protection.txt
You will see the max damage also max attack, make them both 999999999 and try to use 3rd job the mobs will die only with 3rd job .

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you mean monster hp is 65k+? I am talking about killing bosses with tons of hp so it bugs out when damages are over 65k.

Will changing max damage, max phy and mag attack to 9999999 will show the correct damage?

Upvote 0

Yui

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, surprising how this isn't much of an issue or can't find much about it on the forum.

How do other servers overcome this with 3rd and even 4th job damages?
Well.. they simply don't. Not that I always paid attention to it but I never saw a server that fixed it. ^^

Upvote 0
Back