Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best way to getting started with Kal Online coding

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello RZ members,

As you can read on the topic title, I want to code my own stuff for Kal Online. I already bought some Books on Amazon. And I also did some C++/# Online Tutorials.

( |
|
)

It took me around 4 months to read thoes books.

The problem is, I dont know how to exactly use the stuff that I have learned in this books on Kal Online. I had an ancient last week, so I hope that I got enought free time ( 6-8 weeks * lol * ) to learn how I get this things working. Or at least some basics :p

Well, here are my questions:

*Whats the " best " code language to code @ Kal Online? ( i guess c++ )
*How did you guys getting started with coding?
*How do I know what kind of functions I need to get my " idea " working? I already found the " MainServerDecompiledCCode " and the " 1909 Kalonline " from kaldev wikia.

kind regards, Yah

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the replays!

I tryed to detour the mainserver... But the biggest problem is to set up detours right I think lol.
Im messing around with it for some time now xD ( got a 32bit machine and not 86bit like on the [TuT] from MadKnight. I have tested it with VS 2010 & 2012 but I cant find the needed detours files on my PC. And yes, I installed MS Research [ detours ]).

And about Reverse engineering, I had to Google that first lol ... Wanted to know for what kind of tasks it is needed. God bles Wikipedia !

But ye, first I got to figure out how to create the detours project right before I focus on an other part.

kind regards, Yah

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Code:
#pragma comment(lib,"Detours/detours.lib")
#undef UNICODE
#include "Detours/detours.h"

#pragma pack(1)

Upvote 0
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Practice, Practice, Practice.. Practice makes perfect they say. It's not just something that applies to Kal Online servers but it applies to all servers in general. I suggest sticking with one programming language till you know something about it before you start working on a server.

I also suggest picking up some SQL tutorials, don't confuse those with MySQL or MSSQL, SQL is an concept that should apply to both of them. This Structured Query Language is used to communicate with your SQL server, it allows you to give it instructions.

I wish you good luck learning, remember if you run intro trouble, try to take a little break so you can freshen up your mind a little bit.

Upvote 0
Back