Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How to make your own items :]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome to my next guide :> This time we'll look into making custom items. We should start with something simple and nice, so how about we make a talisman :D And not just some ordinary one, but Queen Puppinka's Talisman of Intensification ^^

You need all the basic stuff you need every time so we'll skip that part.

Step 1 : Serverside setup

Items on the server are stored (surprisingly) in MainSvr/Config/InitItem.txt. The syntax is a little more complex, while there is a variety of items and not all parameters can be used by all items. It's not a problem to check the .txt to see how different item classes are defined, so we'll just go on with the making of our talisman:

(item (name N) (Index I) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 252) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 0) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix weapon %1 P1 %2 P2)))

Such a long line and this is just a simple talisman ;]

N = number of the name that is stored in the client (message-e.dat). For a talisman of intensification this will be 531 or 723 (dunno why they have it twice there)
I = unique index for the item. Make it far away from other items, you never know when you may get an updated InitItem and there may be conflicts :>
"item017" is the name of the .bmp file that is shown for the item. They are stored in HyperText folder of the client. For a talisman we have this image ofc :>
class = well for a tali we have "general charm". For a sword it would be "weapon sword" etc :>
code is something that defines the item type, just check every item and you'll see the differences between classes.
country = 252 as always for international version
use = if the item is useable
plural = if the items stack on each other, or if they're one each slot in inventory
buy = buying price @ shop
sell = selling price @ shop
specialty = defines exactly what parameters the item has. A weapon will have it's attack, otp, endurance, stats etc. specified. A talisman has percentages and prefixes :]
%1, P1 = the percentage and prefix number of the first type that can be made from the talis. Let's say fo our tali we will try to make a new prefix with a very low percentage. So we'll write 5 100
%2, P2 = the percentage and prefix number of the second type that can be made from the talis. Well let's make it classic, rash ^^ 50 91
(desc DN) = this is not included by TOIs, but if you look at other items, they have this parameter. It's the index of a description that is written in message-e.dat too.

So our talisman will look something like this:

(item (name 531) (Index 1200) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 252) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 0) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix weapon 5 100 50 91)))

Next step will be defining our nr. 100 prefix, because we want to make a new talisman right? So let's open Prefix.txt. There we add something like this:

(prefix (index 100) (level 3) (sell 350) (str 7) (Hth 7) (Int 7) (Wis 7) (Dex 7) (hp 200) (mp 200) (defense 8))

index = unique index of course
level = you know that +1 +2 +3 that's added to your g50 after enchanting
sell = this is either added to the price of the weapon, or multiplied or something like that :]
stats... well you can set a lot of stats to be added, just check other prefixes too

now save it and we're done serverside :]

Step 2 : Clientside setup

We inserted a custom item in the InitItem.txt. But don't forget there is a InitItem.dat in our config! So we need to add it here too. Extract config.pk, decrypt InitItem.dat and add the correct line:

(item (name 531) (Index 1200) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 0) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 0) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix weapon 5 100 50 91)))

Watch out for the country parameter that is different (although imho it can stay 252). Save, encrypt and add back to config.pk.

Next, we also need to add the new prefix to the client :> So we decrypt prefix.dat and add the correct line (the same as on the server). Save, encrypt, add.

Now we know numbers and stats and stuff like that, but we don't know names ;] So let's decrypt message-e.dat. Here we will find the part that has prefixnames. And we add our name:

( prefixname 100 "The Queen, Puppinka's")

Save, encrypt and put into the config.pk again :>

Now just run your server and client and /get 1200 hehe ^^ btw I tried 30 of these 5% talis and all failed lol...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really nice :)

Now if I could only find what program I need to decrypt those .dat files :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know why but if i add a name for it it shows all the talismans NULL including this 1..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ovyy
Then you made something wrong while encrypting, so the server cant read this file and so all items are called NULL.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like it doesnt encrypt message-e.dat the way its supose to .. the file is encrypted but the game wont read it .. and this only stands for message-e.dat ..if i decrypt and encrypt any other dat file in config.pk it all works fine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Awesome! It all worked just fine! Thanks for the guide.

I unpacked config.pk with WinRar (you can use any zip/rar prog you have), PW= JKSYEHAB#9052
After that I copied swordcrypt into the new folder with unpacked files because I like that method, opened a command box in DOS (START>Run> type "cmd" and hit enter) and changed directory to the unpacked files folder. (if you don't know the proper DOS commands type 'help' and hit enter)
To decrypt I typed swordcrypt /d /key:47 message-e.dat(for example) opened the file in NOTEPAD (don't use any of the programs like Dookie or KODE for this, they did not work for me on these files, only for the e.pk ones) made my changes, saved and closed the file.
Now what I think some forget is after you're done, you go back to the command box and type swordcrypt /key:47 message-e.dat to encrypt the file again.
I selected all the files (minus swordcrypt of course), added them to an archive in Winrar, saved it as a ZIP file (not RAR or anything else!) with the password JKSYEHAB#9052 and changed the extension to ".pk".
After that all I had to do was copy and paste it over the old config.pk and start my game. It worked absolutely splendid!

Thanks again for the guide!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
swordcrypt /d /key:47 message-e.dat and swordcrypt /d /key:47 prefix.dat

do work tbh

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] How to make your own items :]

I tried it but there is something i don't get:

(item (name 531) (Index 3000) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 252) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 0) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix weapon 12 100 50 91)))

the prefix is 100

when i type : /get 1 100 i get g1 sword with the desired toi on it
when i type :/get 3000 nothing happens, no toi in inventory,anyone can help plz?i am sure the error is small but i can't find it.
thx mates

I don't see where the problem is King Izu since this problem is not mentioned anywhere else. and anyway i don't see moderator written under ur name.
Sung thank you for your help. i'll try what u said and get back to you.

Last edited:
Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score

you added the prefix in your prefix.txt?
and do you added the item clientside AND serverside?

also.. my server used "country 0" and not 252.. dont know if yours too, but that can be the problem

try to use /get 1 100 3000
then look at the sword.. if the sword got the itemstats of your talism then you only have a wrong country

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Can we have this locked please?

its a guide that might be helpfull

so its ok, maybe the mod doesnt saw it.. now he will

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thank you Sung, it is always great to have available people like u helping. it worked, it was a country problem as u said.
thanks again mate

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score

well I didnt look it since its a guide and some people could add usefull information :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

How find the Talis Stats and the Tali Name together ?!

Prefixname 94 "The Shark" ... ( only example )

But i dont use this prefixnumber in the message-e or somewhere else.So there is no crosslink between the Talisman Name and the Talisman Values... isnt it ?! :)

It work on my server.. i did the following steps:

Server-> Config/InitItem.txt

(item (name 531) (Index 10001) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 0) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 50000000) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix 25 100 70 91)))

Server-> Config/Prefix.txt ( 1st and 2nd Value for the ToI )

(prefix (index 93) (level 1) (sell 330) (hp 400) (defense 5) )
(prefix (index 94) (level 5) (sell 400) (str 8) (Hth 8) (Int 8) (Wis 8) (Dex 8) (hp 450) (mp 120) (defense 8) )

Client Config.pk -> InitItem.dat

(item (name 531) (Index 10001) (Image "item017") (class general charm) (code 3 5 12 0) (country 0) (use 1) (plural 1) (buy 50000000) (sell 1500) (specialty (Changeprefix 25 100 70 91)))

Client Config.pk -> Prefix.dat

(prefix (index 93) (level 1) (sell 330) (hp 400) (defense 5) )
(prefix (index 94) (level 5) (sell 400) (str 8) (Hth 8) (Int 8) (Wis 8) (Dex 8) (hp 450) (mp 120) (defense 8) )

Client Config.pk -> message-e.dat

( prefixname 93 "Nemo")
( prefixname 94 "The Shark")

Why do the server now, which prefix names, takes which values ?!
I mean.. it works on my server, but i want to know why :)

btw.. what is the /get ID for this ToI ? 10001 is a ToI but not "The Shark" ToI :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

what can I do to solve this problem --->
Can't find words in LanguageMap. (index:999)
CInitItem::Set() Invalid Name. (Name:)
Invalid format Config\InitItem.txt line(49) at CObjectDB::Load
Invalid format Config\InitItem.txt(49) at CObjectDB::Open(Load())

??? :/
and please I don't need new , I want to solve this one

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

noone have any clue?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Add your item index to LanguageM_en.txt and LanguageM_kr.txt

Back