Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quest menu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again guys ,
Im trying to get back the quest/event to my server - latest engine with shaman.
its all good so far , the problem is that i dont see monster/heads count in my quest window in game.
I've tried to figure out the task.dat file and i cant understand what im missing
btw the quest's working ok.
will appreciate any kind of help.
*photo attached.

*edit - almost forgot , when creating a character from the start the first event should be visible , but for some reasons , i cant see the quest and i need to start a conversation by my self with the 1st event , and he asks for a stiirup and just when i give him back a stiirup i can see the quest list filled with event

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again guys ,
Im trying to get back the quest/event to my server - latest engine with shaman.
its all good so far , the problem is that i dont see monster/heads count in my quest window in game.
I've tried to figure out the task.dat file and i cant understand what im missing
btw the quest's working ok.
will appreciate any kind of help.
*photo attached.

*edit - almost forgot , when creating a character from the start the first event should be visible , but for some reasons , i cant see the quest and i need to start a conversation by my self with the 1st event , and he asks for a stiirup and just when i give him back a stiirup i can see the quest list filled with event

About the quest that missing untill you talk with the npc,
does the quest appears at the sql data? or its added when you talk to him?

If it doesn't than you got the point... you can code the server to add this quest to each new player created .
and if it showed at the sql data thats mean it exist but you don't see it and than we need to check why.

guess ill need to fix it too since i use the same files so i would be happy to know if you solved it and how ;)

Edit:

Ok, i looked for it,
the quest you are talking about isn't one of the "Event" quest so it shouldn't show up when you make the character.
anyway as i said earlier its easy to code it but seems it not necessary. (if we talking about the keg of talisman quest for egg)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About the quest that missing untill you talk with the npc,
does the quest appears at the sql data? or its added when you talk to him?

If it doesn't than you got the point... you can code the server to add this quest to each new player created .
and if it showed at the sql data thats mean it exist but you don't see it and than we need to check why.

guess ill need to fix it too since i use the same files so i would be happy to know if you solved it and how ;)

Edit:

Ok, i looked for it,
the quest you are talking about isn't one of the "Event" quest so it shouldn't show up when you make the character.
anyway as i said earlier its easy to code it but seems it not necessary. (if we talking about the keg of talisman quest for egg)

i've checked around , and you are right , the event are not loaded to sql .
need to code it , my mates dont want let players walk trough whole event story and prefer a jobchanger , so i guess well make a changer.
if u got an idea how to create for each player an quest injection that will be good anyway.

Upvote 0
make Love, not War!
Reaction score
i've checked around , and you are right , the event are not loaded to sql .
need to code it , my mates dont want let players walk trough whole event story and prefer a jobchanger , so i guess well make a changer.
if u got an idea how to create for each player an quest injection that will be good anyway.
Jobchanger NPC is very easy to write in Quest.txt
Then you don't need to do the boring quests.

Upvote 0
Back