Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Recreating weapons

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to create more variants of currently existing weapons. Everytime though the weapons seem to default to a g1 weapon or standard skin. The texture is right as I can replace old weapon and its fine.

I have been editing the gb weapon files to a new value. Example g40 white sword is action 5 3. I changed that to 5 4 however it doesnt come up at all. Is there more code you need to edit in the GB files hex to make it work? I have edited in hex and changed it from 5 3 to 5 4 still not work.

Here are my files

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
step :1 open Sword Crypt Change the number you want to change

step :2 Open HxD

step :3

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you ensure swordcrypt is doing it right? The code is all jumbled and replacing it does not work. I put the code from HxD into swordcrypt decrypt it into text using code 4 which shows it right. But what then? I cannot change the result it doesnt make any sense.

Look at the screenshot I decrypt that part but how do I change the number to 04 instead of 03. It doesnt let me edit.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try this one ....

You did not changed file name protection.
If you see G1 weapon instead your design its means that GB file is missing (in your case file is there but not correct name in "file name protection").
File that you uploaded was just renamed in file explorer, that is not enough.

Use this Swordcrypt:

Tutorial for Swordcrypt:
1st: Put your files in DECODE folder and start Decode.bat
2nd: Open EDIT folder and hexedit file to new file name and save it.
3rd: Start Encode.bat
4th: Open ENCODED folder and there you will find your file that have changed "file name protection"

This is just for file name protection.

After this you still need to hexedit like UlyssesUlric is showing you in "STEP 3".

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try this one ....

You did not changed file name protection.
If you see G1 weapon instead your design its means that GB file is missing (in your case file is there but not correct name in "file name protection").
File that you uploaded was just renamed in file explorer, that is not enough.

Use this Swordcrypt:

Tutorial for Swordcrypt:
1st: Put your files in DECODE folder and start Decode.bat
2nd: Open EDIT folder and hexedit file to new file name and save it.
3rd: Start Encode.bat
4th: Open ENCODED folder and there you will find your file that have changed "file name protection"

This is just for file name protection.

After this you still need to hexedit like UlyssesUlric is showing you in "STEP 3".

Thanks Zeco, the swordcrypt you uploaded still doesnt work it corrupts the gb file and the client wont start. It did let me find the correct part to alter manually in HxD though so thankyou.

Just another question, I have made some custom weapon bmp files. They do not show up in the inventory its just blank. I tried renaming some current files and that works. Is there anything special that needs to be done with bmp files also to show in inventory?

For reference im using GIMP and exporting the image file. It doesnt seem to work, however using something like paint does. Just my crappy program lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just another question, I have made some custom weapon bmp files. They do not show up in the inventory its just blank. I tried renaming some current files and that works. Is there anything special that needs to be done with bmp files also to show in inventory?

If you are asking about item icons in game not showing up, can be:
1st: That in inititem.dat "(Image "*******")" in config.pk and icon BMP file name don't match.
2nd: Your BMP icon size is not 32X32 pixel

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are asking about item icons in game not showing up, can be:
1st: That in inititem.dat "(Image "*******")" in config.pk and icon BMP file name don't match.
2nd: Your BMP icon size is not 32X32 pixel

Thanks Zeco I really appreciate your help. The BMP file was setup right however after exporting the encoder failed. Just needed to repoen the file in paint to recode it and they came out fine. Here is an image of my first creation. It may look tacky but at least I can now recreate armour sets from scratch. Really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Yui

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The BMP file was setup right however after exporting the encoder failed. Just needed to repoen the file in paint to recode it and they came out fine.
Be sure you choose the right export variant while using GIMP. There is the option 'advanced options' where you can choose those variants. (this is also important if you want some parts to be transparent ^^)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It not by my taste, but still somewhere you need to start and each person have his own taste.
Good job and keep on improving your knowledge/skills.

Upvote 0
Back