Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VPS or Dedicated server for hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, I'm new to this so don't blame me if I say somthing wrong.

There are different dedicated servers each has his own specs.

What specs do I need atleast to run a server with around 300 ppl?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you can check ovh company all dedicated servers are ddos protected and can be used for kal and cheap

Last edited:
Upvote 0
off@kal. - on@gw2/d3 :)
Reaction score
ovh VPS is crap, and the gameserver with license cost to much, may works fine if u run with 20 - 50 Players (Even then u have laggs ingame some times), depending on the Time, it do lagg, or not, as you are not the onlyone who use the Server.

if you want and smoothly running Server, you should take an rootserver

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
You can always use the services from the forum sponsor they're high quality and works really nice.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ovh VPS is crap, and the gameserver with license cost to much, may works fine if u run with 20 - 50 Players (Even then u have laggs ingame some times), depending on the Time, it do lagg, or not, as you are not the onlyone who use the Server.

if you want and smoothly running Server, you should take an rootserver

Not anymore.

The DEDICATED game servers are dirt cheap now and WITH windows server 2012 R2 operating system the MC-32 package = $104.00 per month

( includes unlimited DDOS protection )

$79.00 a month for the server

$25.00 a month for windows server 2012 r2

$0.00 a month for unlimited DDOS protection

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score

Not anymore.

The DEDICATED game servers are dirt cheap now and WITH windows server 2012 R2 operating system the MC-32 package = $104.00 per month

( includes unlimited DDOS protection )

$79.00 a month for the server

$25.00 a month for windows server 2012 r2

$0.00 a month for unlimited DDOS protection

You're stating OVH is top of the pack, when in the reality, they're a cheap provider for students & hobbists, mainly people that can't afford better/serious services, take your own conclusions: http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/cheapest-vps-offer-muonline-1099124-post8742033/#post8742033 but later, don't cry if the train wagon jumps out of the trails. :p (Ok, they are cheap in terms of hardware, but that's it).

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You're stating OVH is top of the pack, when in the reality, they're a cheap provider for students & hobbists, mainly people that can't afford better/serious services, take your own conclusions: http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/cheapest-vps-offer-muonline-1099124-post8742033/#post8742033 but later, don't cry if the train wagon jumps out of the trails. :p (Ok, they are cheap in terms of hardware, but that's it).

if you are calling better/serious services as paying 229.99 ~ 679.99 usd to hyperfilter dedicated servers monthly then you lost your mind.

peoples are running kalonline p-servers with 200 ~ 600 max online players nowadays then even lowest ovh dedicated server will be good enough and they are stable+reliable enough...

for yourself feel free to purchase highest hyperfilter dedicated server!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
if you are calling better/serious services as paying 229.99 ~ 679.99 usd to hyperfilter dedicated servers monthly then you lost your mind.

peoples are running kalonline p-servers with 200 ~ 600 max online players nowadays then even lowest ovh dedicated server will be good enough and they are stable+reliable enough...

for yourself feel free to purchase highest hyperfilter dedicated server!

Nobody lost any mind, things are priced due to reasons, OVH is cheap due to its reasons (http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/cheapest-vps-offer-muonline-1099124-post8742033/#post8742033), poor networking, poor hardware (I don't mean the specifications are bad, because they're not, actually they're quite good, but I mean about the quality of the used parts), poor infrastructure and poor support services. But still, as long the server is online is all what matters to your pocket, just don't cry when there are issues my friend. :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nobody lost any mind, things are priced due to reasons, OVH is cheap due to its reasons (http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/cheapest-vps-offer-muonline-1099124-post8742033/#post8742033), poor networking, poor hardware (I don't mean the specifications are bad, because they're not, actually they're quite good, but I mean about the quality of the used parts), poor infrastructure and poor support services. But still, as long the server is online is all what matters to your pocket, just don't cry when there are issues my friend. :)

just keep writing the same craps... your signature explaning everything. users of ovh doing its advertise and sharing their experience but hyperfilter needs employees like you...

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
just keep writing the same craps... your signature explaning everything. users of ovh doing its advertise and sharing their experience but hyperfilter needs employees like you...
It's not crap, its just the truth which you aren't prepared to know about, and well, obviously due to a limited amount of money which you can spend, there are not much better things you can afford, as I've said, just don't complain later, due to your own faulty options. :)

Some references, to the "same craps" you've mentioned:

But yes, just a lot of crap as you said. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I never "stated" anything.

I simply put up an ad for the guy who started this thread.

OVH is cheap and the DDOS protection is equal to or better than hyperfilter's protection
You can run a really decent kalonline server or any game server on OVH
are you saying OVH can not protect its customers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
I never "stated" anything.

I simply put up an ad for the guy who started this thread.

OVH is cheap and the DDOS protection is equal to or better than hyperfilter's protection (bring your own lube for the butt fuking you will get on hyperfilter's prices)

You can run a really decent kalonline server or any game server on OVH so i do not know why you have such a stick in your anus.

are you saying OVH can not protect its customers ?
They're not better than HyperFilter in any way. Although You've just ignored all the presented data and argumentation, I didn't see anybody coming with any plausible technical opinion and showing proofs on its argumentations, I can proof anything I've said as I've shown above, in all the links and in the other forum thread, but if you don't want to believe or actually accept the demonstrated facts which are undeniable, stay up with your own ignorance and have your day. ;)

And please, don't tell me a corkboard server rack and a poor rack switch OVH uses for all its "great servers" is better than any other company using proper branded servers in proper racks w/ network redundancy, because this is tad ridiculous:

OVH Corkboard Server Rack + Poor Rack Switch without Network Redundancy:

LittleMaffia - VPS or Dedicated server for hosting? - RaGEZONE Forums

Decent Server Rack (Non OVH, w/ Network Redundancy):

If this is all you can pay for (OVH) it's fine, but when you get issues, you'll see you've thrown every of your cheap cents in the trash can. Because this datacenter is for non serious business and any serious game server project (for example, many official servers of many games won't even dream in using OVH), check them yourself, you won't find any doing this. Also there aren't any big companies making use of OVH as well, because they offer no reliability, not for serious businesses. But yet, for students & hobbists like you, it may be enough, as in case of issues, you can wait for days/hours on a solution...

If you want to compare OVH with something, all you can compare it with are providers like: Server4You, Hetzner, Contabo or similars, but you can't compare it with anything better, because then it's not a correct comparison, due to how the networks are built, the hardwares which are used and how much money was spent in building everything, unless you are ignorant and doesn't understand the differences of course, but then this is not my issue, things are priced for a reason, either it costs more or it costs less, nobody is wanting to "rip off" someone's pocket, just that to provide "better services" with resilience, security and stability, it will cost "more" also if you want a responsive support and people that have a "clue" of what to do to help on support cases, it also "costs more". So please, stop with the childish argumentation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
Are you seriously telling me this is a real setup? XD o loled outloud. never ever seen such a rack before.

This is a real setup of OVH Networks and its great servers, its the only way to make them so cheap, there's no other way. Poor Hardware, Poor Mounting, Homemade server racks and things like this, do you really believe there are miracles ? There isn't, the problem is that there are a lot of people to pay for this and the more they pay, the more they load the market with these offers. ;)

The fun thing is the empty argumentation this brings people to, just because you know, its cheap, you can connect there, you can run your apps, so well, it works right ? Doesn't matter what's behind all this. ;)

The problem is, when there are good providers offering better things, they don't recognise it, and then the market keeps losing space to offers like this one... And when you demand better things, you literally doesn't find it or doesn't even know they do exist, because your universe is limited only to these types of offers.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a real setup of OVH Networks and its great servers, its the only way to make them so cheap, there's no other way. Poor Hardware, Poor Mounting, Housemade server racks and things like this, do you really believe there are miracles ? There isn't, the problem is that there are a lot of people to pay for this and the more the pay, the more they load the market with these setups. ;)

The fun thing is the empty argumentation this brings people to, just because you know, its cheap, you can connect there, you can run your apps, so well, it works right ? Doesn't matter what's behind all this. ;)

jeez... even my home setup looks better than this.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Haha. :D

Swiftdeath

I think you didn't saw they using train wagons (containers) to build datacenters yet right ? So you can check this as well:

:D

sorry but I see no Problem here.

He can lower the running Costs and Investments with stuff like this ..

I see you are far away from beeing a Businessman.

Hyperfilter is fine, we did pay around 600/700 when Kal was running in the good days. but I know ppl who did take down Hyperfilter in Seconds when we had Enemys so it doesent matter what you use.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back