Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J Portable Server And Tools

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
mybe do some a client part ? beacase cannot connect to game !

i was done all but i get eror

snkdemon - Portable Server And Tools - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi ,
Login server ok but gameserver won't start ?
Here is a screen :

Can u help me ?

snkdemon - Portable Server And Tools - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I googled my issue; couldn't find a working solution. Perhaps you guys might know. Anyway. After changing L2.bin to L2.exe, and double clicking it, nothing at all happens. It just won't run.
I've tried compatibility modes, reinstalling the client, getting rid of firewalls, anti viruses, single graphics card, sli, etc. Got nothing.
My system is:
Win 7
GTX 980 ti sli.
16gb ram
So it shouldn't be a problem of lack of memory.
If anyone knows, please share.
Thanks.

Edit:
Nevermind, fixed. Different H5 client + -n and it worked.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I googled my issue; couldn't find a working solution. Perhaps you guys might know. Anyway. After changing L2.bin to L2.exe, and double clicking it, nothing at all happens. It just won't run.
I've tried compatibility modes, reinstalling the client, getting rid of firewalls, anti viruses, single graphics card, sli, etc. Got nothing.
My system is:
Win 7
GTX 980 ti sli.
16gb ram
So it shouldn't be a problem of lack of memory.
If anyone knows, please share.
Thanks.

Edit:
Nevermind, fixed. Different H5 client + -n and it worked.

hi q12345 can you please share the link? im having the same error, i downloaded the client provided by the thread starter. Thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when i start game server i have an error "Error occurred during initialization of VMCould not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I have a doubt, download the emulator and it works perfectly, but the client does not know how to make it work locally, where you get the local ip to enter. I also get this error attached in the photo, someone could help. Sorry for using the google translator.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, renamed the L2.bin by l2.exe, but as the client connects to the local server?

Reaction score
Yes, renamed the L2.bin by l2.exe, but as the client connects to the local server?

Did you edit your etc/host file with the server (your local host IP address) so the client looks to that IP address?

[winks at Kreeate]

Also, if anyone downloaded the same version I did through the links on the front page, the database password for the localhost_3306 db isn't "Root" it's actually "kiss1990". You need to right click the instance, change connection settings, set password to "kiss1990" -- start the db instance, go to the user "root" and change the password to "root" shut down the instance, then go back to the instance connection config and set the password to "root" -- this will make the login server.bat file work...

when i start game server i have an error "Error occurred during initialization of VMCould not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap"

I also have this issue.

when i start game server i have an error "Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap"

So far I've troubleshot it down to the following setting in the gameserverstart.bat file in the -xmxXXXXm setting.

set PATH=D:\App\UsbServer\java\bin;%PATH%
java -Djava.util.logging.manager=com.l2jserver.util.L2LogManager -Dpython.cachedir=../cachedir -Xms1536m -Xmx3072m -jar l2jserver.jar

Still working on modifying arguments to make it work...

Reaction score
Well, it's working now... what I ended up doing was deleting everything, starting again from scratch, installing the "usbServer.exe" to "D:\App" starting the sql server, opening navicat and just changing both of the SQL user's passwords to "root" and the damn poop ended up working...
[pardon my french, it's my homemade cinnamon fire infused vodka talking]

Reaction score
Now the problem I'm having is that I can't get the client to work. It won't connect to the server because there is no l2.exe in the system folder, only l2.bin. When I try to change the .bin to a .exe, it won't work because for some reason, my computer has associated .bin files with notepad, meaning I can't do poop with .bin files anymore, so I'm kind of boned with newer l2 repacks on this pc since NCSoft changed the system folder...

Anyone have a modified system folder or l2.exe on a google drive or something that I could use?

[edit]

For anyone having issues changing the .bin to a .exe, here's a helpful piece of advice. I had almost forgotten about it myself...

Depending on your version windows , changing a file extension is pretty simple .
Vista / Windows 7 :
Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options -> View Tab and then Uncheck the " Hide extensions for known file types

Now I just need to figure out how to get windows to allow me to run the .exe, since UAC keeps blocking it even if I turn UAC off.

[edit]

the windows 10 UAC blocks any unsigned .exe files, the only way to run them is to run it from the default windows admin profile, which you have turn on through DOS commands... I've tried this, and now the .exe will execute, but now it tells me that the gameguard is corrupt, and crashes to desktop...

Ok, in order to get past the gameguard error, you need to delete the contents of your system/gameguard folder, then download yourself a new "Dsetup.dll" and "dsetup_settings.ini in order to bypass gameguard and stop recieving that error. Not posting a link to that here as it's illegal to post links to client modifications. Do some google searching, you'll find it eventually.

I now have fully functioning server and client to mess around with.

Now to go find some admin commands to play with...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi there,

Tutorial 1 and 3 are blocked by GEMA is it possible to download them from an other hoster?

kindly regards

rappelz

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problem with the client that I downloaded, after mounting the server when I run the client tells me that the gameguard is broken (error code = 153) , any suggestions? Thank you

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a problem with the client that I downloaded, after mounting the server when I run the client tells me that the gameguard is broken (error code = 153) , any suggestions? Thank you

Ok, in order to get past the gameguard error, you need to delete the contents of your system/gameguard folder, then download yourself a new "Dsetup.dll" and "dsetup_settings.ini in order to bypass gameguard and stop recieving that error. Not posting a link to that here as it's illegal to post links to client modifications. Do some google searching, you'll find it eventually.

Back