Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Happy Christmas everyone!

samuus thanks, but I'm pretty sure I won't finish this Housekeeping this year though xD.

Updates:
Recoded the whole base I had according to the MVC architecture rules.
Updated the snippets in the intro post:
Dashboard controller:
Dashboard model:

swe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The desing is nice, but the "users online" in /dash is like poop in da sandwitch. If someone gets 200 online, and this crappy monster comes up and start to loading the f*cking users..

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The desing is nice, but the "users online" in /dash is like poop in da sandwitch. If someone gets 200 online, and this crappy monster comes up and start to loading the f*cking users..

What exactly are you implying? "If someone gets 200 online, and this crappy monster comes up and start to loading the f*cking users.."

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah ofcourse, I thought about it in the beginning and that's why pagination is already implemented :)

I'll also add the A-Z sort option.

yXZk1Hm - BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

swe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Think he means that if you have 200 people online; that lists gets a bit too long. Maybe sort it on A-Z and add some pagination so not 200 users are displayed but just the first 10 or something?
This. And good luck with the project 3M1L.

Reaction score

samuus thanks, but I'm pretty sure I won't finish this Housekeeping this year though xD.

Updates:
Dashboard controller:
Dashboard model:

To much comments in your controller.
Watch out on how you name your stuff ($this->view and $this->Dashboard).

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@samuus thanks, but I'm pretty sure I won't finish this Housekeeping this year though xD.

Updates:
Dashboard controller:
Dashboard model:

The code looks fantastic now.

What a stupid reason.

In other words, you create a private variable to store the dashboard stuff, like private $dashboard, in Java will something like private Dashboard dashboard;

Understand now the point of Joopie, 3M1L?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No.. I was just pointing out that he's inconsistent with his variable naming.

You're absolutely right Joopie, I should stick to one style & I prefer 'dashboard' over 'Dashboard'.
Gonna use that from now on.

I just thought it would be easier to recognize the model that's being used inside a controller by having the 1st letter capitalized.

Thanks for your feedback btw!

Reaction score
Stop with the laravel/lumen debate
If you don't want to research here's a short explanation

Lumen is basically still Laravel, just without any extras, hence why it's a micro-framework.
Lumen does not contain any extra packages such as blade (or eloquent?) these are additional packages; which is why Lumen is good for APIs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yo! :):

Updates:

Added A-Z sort (Wesley thanks for suggesting that) and Items per page option in Users Online Widget.
Image:
uTov1RF - BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC] - RaGEZONE Forums
Added ability to create new sections/menu items.
Image:
Q2fkwqA - BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC] - RaGEZONE Forums
Added ability to edit & delete sections/menu items.
Added select list with live searchbox.
Image:
CwbLQo7 - BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Carefull not to end up making a CMS maker... I don't really understand why you want to have this dynamic menu thing...

I mean; in the end you can just code the functionality like you had planned and then the menu doesn't have to be edited anymore? If anyone wants to add more stuff I'm sure they'd be able to figure it out from the code?

For a catalog editor sure but building a CMS editor in your CMS is a bit... weird?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah.
Lol don't worry, I'm not gonna end up with a CMS in CMS..

I wanted dynamic menu because it's easier to change the required permission and icon for my case.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Small update:

Added System Logs
Image:
mW4j63T - BlackWolf - Housekeeping (standalone) - [PHP 5.6+/PDO/OOP/TPL/MVC] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm late.

In regards to the guy telling you to switch to Lumen versus Laravel - he's an idiot. Lumen is designed only for APIs. It's a very horrible thing to use for frontend transactions, which is why Laravel contains the bread and butter especially a wonderful web socket system.

In regards to this project in itself, nice to see some competition towards Retaliations' own management panel, and my xHabbo system. Be careful not to extend upon your own features too much, and remember design is everything and so is code consistency. That being said, your controllers currently would be hugely redundant and flawed with the current permission system -> You should switch to using HTTP middleware for various system operations, and permission checking of course.

Everything else seems wonderful, nice to see you trying to stick this project out with a small MVC structure.

Good luck,
-Chris

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have to go awol for 2-4 days because of personal reasons, so don't expect any updates. :/:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back