Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Chocolatey | Espreso] Habbo.com Clone CMS & Housekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can just do a get request every once in a while to a remote server to check against the current version. If a new version is available you return something to indicate that. Then you upgrade to the next build.

And if that build is also older then you upgrade to the next build after upgrading etc. That way you can always keep the order and don't have to worry about merging version into one update package.

You can build a CMS in a month. Pretty sure you should be able to do this too.

Or you make a site in the Admin Panel called "Updates", there is a button "check for updates", if there any it shows a diff of the old and new files. If the client agrees with the update, it will be installed like you described above. +1

Reaction score
Or you make a site in the Admin Panel called "Updates", there is a button "check for updates", if there any it shows a diff of the old and new files. If the client agrees with the update, it will be installed like you described above. +1

Not sure why you want to let them see the diff of files.

Why not use the awesomeness of composer? Release your CMS in parts which can be updated with composer update.

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Not sure why you want to let them see the diff of files.

Why not use the awesomeness of composer? Release your CMS in parts which can be updated with composer update.

Idk, was just an idea I got, could be interesting for developers. So maybe make it an optional option?

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I liked the The General, Joopie's and Emetophobic points. The iExit point was +-.

But i prefer doing the update be able from the Housekeeping.

We're developing an Internal "Administractive" communication API between Chocolatey + Espreso. (The Chocolatey Administractive API would be able to be consumed by anyone that have admin access, not only Espreso.. (sooo.. many applications are possible)).

Isn't good Chocolatey regularly check for Updates, since it's an php applet, not a real web service running all time. But would be possible Espreso check for updates and this makes sense.

But i doesn't think that it's good the ability of updating the Hotel by Espreso. This would make necessary Chocolatey have access to Bash (if we want to use Composer as middleware for updates).

Composer does a good job with Updating System, and we can use it. Also Laravel has the Artisan Applet that allows to create custom Console Commands.

So it's better research if we can do this by Composer or by Laravel Lumen. Regarding that Choco doesn't uses LARAVEL, but LARAVEL's Lumen Micro Framework.

A study case would be required. Since we're modeling our own APIs. Like The General said, OK i created a CMS in a month, but i was recreating Habbo's already defined/studied APIs. This is totally different. We need analyse which would be the best way for our scenario of implementing those APIs.

Like.:
1. statistics.
2. updating.
3. control choco's template engine
4. manage choco's settings??

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
#UPDATES (Chocolatey)

#FIXED
* Duplicating user_settings entry when saving settings
* All values from chocolatey_users_preferences that aren't true being nulled
* Store ip_register value
* Set Angular Vendor Files to English
* Not registering because now check rank (bug created from latest release)
* Not checking if username it's inside filtered usernames. (Fixed)
* And other little bugs reported here.

#RELEASE
* Alpha Release 2.200 from Chocolatey is available now.:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
#UPDATES (Chocolatey)

#FIXED
* AngularJS locales to match Default English
* A little weird typo preventing of HabboWEB loading the Group Badges in Angular.
* Some other minimal bugs

#CODED
* Don't show banned users profiles like Habbo
* Don't show invisible room's on the room gallery

#BACKLOG
* Code NUX Rooms
* Code Facebook Integration (boring)
* Other Features.

#ASKING
* People if you see a cool feature that you want be on Chocolatey, or some feature that I didn't replicate from Habbo. Or some feature that doesn't is working exactly like as from Habbo, create an Issue on the Chocolatey's GitHub repository,

#PHPUNIT
* In the future I will code API tests for all Routes and Assignments Test's (White Box Tests). To check if in each new RELEASE I broke something. (This feature can delay a bunch of time)

#SOME FEATURE REQUESTS
* I received a feature request to code the Habbo Help Center. I will not like to code it, since Habbo's use Zendesk. I can create something LITE that uses the same design. The "Help Center" would also be a separated module. But in this case would be Laravel.

Like Espreso it's a separated module. This Help Center would also be a separated module.

If the community wants me to code this, I ask for a minimum of 10 votes for this. Also, I would appreciate a "name" for this "CMS".

Like "Banana" or "Cookie Help"... I dunno.

Thanks for supporting this project!​

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Will this support IIS when the Chocolatey CMS does?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
#UPDATES (Chocolatey)

#FIXED
* AngularJS locales to match Default English
* A little weird typo preventing of HabboWEB loading the Group Badges in Angular.
* Some other minimal bugs

#CODED
* Don't show banned users profiles like Habbo
* Don't show invisible room's on the room gallery

#BACKLOG
* Code NUX Rooms
* Code Facebook Integration (boring)
* Other Features.

#ASKING
* People if you see a cool feature that you want be on Chocolatey, or some feature that I didn't replicate from Habbo. Or some feature that doesn't is working exactly like as from Habbo, create an Issue on the Chocolatey's GitHub repository,

#PHPUNIT
* In the future I will code API tests for all Routes and Assignments Test's (White Box Tests). To check if in each new RELEASE I broke something. (This feature can delay a bunch of time)

#SOME FEATURE REQUESTS
* I received a feature request to code the Habbo Help Center. I will not like to code it, since Habbo's use Zendesk. I can create something LITE that uses the same design. The "Help Center" would also be a separated module. But in this case would be Laravel.

Like Espreso it's a separated module. This Help Center would also be a separated module.

If the community wants me to code this, I ask for a minimum of 10 votes for this. Also, I would appreciate a "name" for this "CMS".

Like "Banana" or "Cookie Help"... I dunno.

Thanks for supporting this project!​

I like your idea og making a help center which looks like the original Habbo Zendesk version.
Some ideas regarding names;
- Honey
- Waffle
- Hershey
- Cherry

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Liked Honey and Waffle!

Will choose which can be.

#UPDATES (Chocolatey)

#FIXED
* Register bugged fault of SMTP
* Some bugs of the CMS

#CHANGED
* Now maill "from" attribute is configured in "mail.php"
* By default mail system is disabled

#CODED
* Ability of enable/disable mailing system.
* Mail subjects on sending e-mails
* Choose NUX Room on Client (Now create the NUX room and set Home Room!)
* Some other small things

#RELEASE
* Alpha Release 2.250 of Chocolatey, available here.:

#BACKLOG
* Code IIS compatibility
* Better Translation (on HabboWeb Pages also)
* Code Facebook Auth/Login

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm getting a 500 - Internal error trying this on IIS.

* Something is wrong with PHP, not the cms. Just forget I said anything.

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Chocolatey | Espreso] Habbo.com Clone CMS & Housekeeping

I'm getting a 500 - Internal error trying this on IIS.

* Something is wrong with PHP, not the cms. Just forget I said anything.
As I said, IIS Compatibility it's a Backlog Item.

That means.: not coded yet..

Backlog = Next Items to Do, in some way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

As I said, IIS Compatibility it's a Backlog Item.

That means.: not coded yet..

Backlog = Next Items to Do, in some way.
Is it NGINX & HHVM compatible?

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never tested on NGINX. And I never seen anyone with Habbo using NGINX...

As far I remember NGINX has a module that allows Apache MOD_REWRITE usage.

So, I think, yes.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Is it NGINX & HHVM compatible?

It might not like HipHop since it depends on PHP7's new syntax changes, so it probably won't work with HHVM. I haven't followed that project in a while though, maybe they have parity with PHP7 now?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I never tested on NGINX. And I never seen anyone with Habbo using NGINX...

As far I remember NGINX has a module that allows Apache MOD_REWRITE usage.

So, I think, yes.
.htaccess can easily be converted to NGINXs configuration, I was more wondering if your CMS depends on certain PHP7 features
- people dont use linux and nginx due to the fact they got no knowledge about webservers. I was just curious, since I wanted to set it up on my home pc to see how it performed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It might not like HipHop since it depends on PHP7's new syntax changes, so it probably won't work with HHVM. I haven't followed that project in a while though, maybe they have parity with PHP7 now?
HHVM has included multiple PHP7 features, you just have to enable them manually :D

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

HHVM has included multiple PHP7 features, you just have to enable them manually :D

You don't really need to use HHVM, this CMS is heavier on resources than actual code execution. NGINX for static files would be highly recommended if you're getting a lot of traffic but standard PHP should be totally fine.

I'm not sure what their extent of PHP7 support is, odds are it'll break something.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You don't really need to use HHVM, this CMS is heavier on resources than actual code execution. NGINX for static files would be highly recommended if you're getting a lot of traffic but standard PHP should be totally fine.

I'm not sure what their extent of PHP7 support is, odds are it'll break something.
Yeah I know haha. But this is a heavy framework (if Laravel and not Lumen) even for such a small CMS.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Yeah I know haha. But this is a heavy framework (if Laravel and not Lumen) even for such a small CMS.

Laravel Lumen as a microframework is absolutely not heavy. I'm confident standard PHP won't give you any issues even with a lot of traffic. PHP7 is heavily optimized anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back